Things Mom used to say...(or your Dad)

Here's one...."And you think you have it bad, we walked to school, uphill both ways...barefoot and in the snow"
And...."If you wouldv'e lived with my parents, why they'd jumped up and down and stormed all over you"
And...."Try pancakes and biscuits every nite for dinner, that is all we could afford"
And..."Do you really think it is necessary?"
And..."I'm gonna wash your mouth out with soap Boy!!"

My mother always threatened to "De-Brain"us! HUH? She swears she never said that, but all four of us remember it! Every time we would go by a cemetary my father would wonder " How many dead people are out there?" We would all guess a number and of course the reply would be "all of them"

When asked how you are doing ? mom would say finer than frog's hair split 3 ways, ( 2 ) How is your day going : fair to middling.( 3 ) Walk with your head up high be proud of who are or you will have a hump on your back.( 4 ) If you don't behave I am gonna slap you faster than you can spit.( 5 ) I ain't gonna have no critters in the house they cause disease.( 6 ) It's raining like pouring out of a bucket.( 7 ) That dress is so short you are advertising the milk cow is ready for milking.( 8 ) Never do anything you can't look yourself in the mirror the next day.( 9 ) Nobody has to live with you but you.(10 ) My favorite don't let life weigh you down stop enjoy the sunshine. ( 11) Things are as simple or as difficult as you make them. These are just a few of mom's sayings, some were life lessons some were purely funny trust me she had a saying for almost any given situation you can think of.

Quote:
oooooohhhh this is not just a quote this is a Mothers curse... and it always come true.. ...
hide.gif

Oh no it doesn't!
My mother cursed me with a dozen kids like me.. I enrolled in the spay and neuter program..never had a kid and never will!
THE CURSE WAS BROKEN!!!
big_smile.png

No... it didn't come true for me either. I'm not raising a child just like me. I'm raising a child just like HER!!
th.gif

Quote:
It is in the middle of africa

oh that reminds me of one

"you better eat all that food.. there's starving people in Africa"
(now.. just how in the heck is me cleaning my plate going to help people in another country?.. never did figure that one out... lol)

my reply used to be "good can I send it to them? 'cause I don't want it!"

when we asked where we were going they replied "crazy" I used to wonder where crazy was, and hoped it was Busch gardens, it wasn't
sad.png
or I would try to remember where we went last time they said that... it was usually aunt linda's
lau.gif

mom also said "that boy is dumber than a bag of hammers" about my sister's boyfriend, but in her defense, it's true.

Back
Top Bottom