Things you never said until you had chickens.......

When DH and I were looking at our house with the realtor and 9 year daughter, we had the most awesome out of the mouth of babes moment.

The previous owner had the most gorgeous rooster I have ever seen. Our daughter saw this rooster and very matter of fact stated, "Daddy, look at that magnificent cock! Isn't it beautiful?"

Needless to say, it was all we could not to laugh.

yuckyuck.gif

To my brother:
"Paul, did you turn the lights on on the way out?"
To my mom:
"Mom, some of our girls were eaten by a fox, do you wanna get some more?"
To my dad:
"Put the poop in the garden."
To my sister:
"Shut up and shovel your poop!"

I'm the caretaker and owner of the chickens, my family helps :p

Puffy Cheeks! Get back INSIDE the fence!

Rue, shut up! The fence is not going to move because you crow at it!

and my personal favorite:

Hey, can you bring your chickens up north with you? We ran out of eggs yesterday.

Last week I bought a bag full of golf balls at a thrift store and couldn't figure out why the clerk was staring at me like I was totally off my rocker.

"These will be perfect for my chickens," I told her. I didn't consider that it may have been a good idea to elaborate a bit on that.

My husband to me, "If I come home and there's a chicken on the couch we're getting rid of them". (In response to my hopes of letting the birds inside)

Me to all visitors for a month: "Don't mind the poop smell...the chickens are in the laundry room." (When they were too little for the coop)

"What's that smell?" "I have chicken poop on my flip flop." (While my husband and I were watching tv in the living room)

"I spilled duck poop water ALL over my legs and feet today." (Me to my husband while I was cleaning out the chicken waterer that my two ducks love to poop in)

Oh, look the babies learned kickers.

Uh, oh, the peep sheep are in the mulch again.

The "pullets" are crowing.

You are NOT and eagle!

Basically talking to the chickens while doing the dailys chores, when they bok I bok back and singing the bok bok bok song right along with them

"We can't go out tonight until after the chickens go to bed and I lock them up" or "We have to go home before it's gets dark"

While putting the chickens back into their pen after free ranging "I'm missing a chicken, here chicky chicky chicky" they usually come running

or the best one from my husband yesterday after leaning in to give me a kiss "You smell like chicken poop"

Once I made my family drive two hours so I could tuck in my chickens, and to shut the chicken door.

"The girls are flopping in the dirt - look at them, they look so funny!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom