Things you never said until you had chickens.......

My best of all . My 91 year old mother to my 85 year old step Father
"NO Andy! She cant get her colenoscopy the first of August..... Her chicks are hatching!"

This post is really funny. I guess I am seeing what is going to happen to me later. I've had chicks for 10 days and already

"Turn that light on so I can look at their butts"
"Get down from there and get back in the brooder"
"Aren't you feathering out so nice"
Yes its just the beginning!

"Hey, Hey, HEY! hey!.... MY TOES ARE NOT A FIVE PACK OF HOT DOGS!!!."

The only other time I had said that was when I was Crawdad fishing, and the crawdads came up to the bank and started nibbling on my toes. LOL

"did you feed the chickens'? (everyday qustion in are house)
"the chickens dont like squash becouse it reminds them of there poop"

In discussing where eggs come from (physiologically) with my 6yo nephew, "Ninety-nine percent of the time it's poop, but sometimes it's nutritional gold."

I HAVE SAID................." OH LOOK THERE IS CHICKEN POOP IN MY HAIR"
gig.gif

"I've been chick-slapped!" (when she flaps her wings & wacks me in the face)

"Oh, Beverly, your feet are disgusting - you need a pedicure!" or "Beverly had a chicken-pedi today." (I put her in the sink & exfoliate her feet with olive oil & sugar, then wash them off with some regular hand soap, then put some nice lotion on. She LOVES having her toes rubbed!"

"Wow! Look at you! Out cluckin' around & all at once there's a steak sandwich!" (when she finds a worm)

"Goodness, Beverly - you're all cluckative today!"

"I miss my chicken" (I say that all the time - whether I'm away for an hour or a whole day - I just miss her!)

Something I definitely never said to a stranger before I got into chickens -

"Nice cock!"

OMG! This reminds me of when I was at a Napa art street faire and I was looking for ceramic chickens for my kitchen. I rounded the corner and there was a glorious 2-foot high rooster. I exclaimed (well, nearly shrieked) "What a HUGE cock! I gotta have it!" You could've heard a pin drop. The expression on the face of my date (now my husband) was indescribable. And, yes, it -- the huge cock -- now graces my counter.

Back
Top Bottom