Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Tonight we were out giving the chickens an evening treat before locking them in the coop for the evening. My 4 year old daughter said, "Did Penny just poop?" I responded that yep, it sure looked like she did. DD approached the very squashy fresh poop and said, "That's my favorite kind of poop!" For the record, I have absolutely no idea where that comment came from.

--Nikki

"Now, why can't you be a girl??" (Said to a particularly adorable cockerel which just started crowing.)

"Okay, who laid this egg here??" (Found an egg balanced on one of the roost bars!!)

"I've got chickens!" (In a sing-song voice, as I call them to treats I'll be hand-feeding to them.)

Haha!! I love this thread!

Something that gets said often around here when I'm going to let the girls out to play:

"I'll be right back, I have to go put on a dirty shirt."

The other day, to my suspect pullet: "Wipe that rooster look off your face!" To which she replied by shaking her head.

This morning: "Get your butt down that ramp!"

Another one: "Are you practicing? That had better be an egg squat!"

"Girls, how many times do I have to tell you to stay off the porch....?" (Said while shaking my finger at them as if they have the slightest idea of what I mean...
roll.png
)

"I don't care if there are worms in the road, you stay out of there." "If you chase those chicks I'll chase you and then where will you be?" "Be a good girl and eat your own food."

"Hey Rapunzel you should stop hiding under the willow tree and go play with your sisters!"
"I'm a teen mom of eight beautiful chickies."
"They can't walk on snow so you have to make a path out of hay."
"Look at you! You've got all your feathers! My baby is all grown up!"
"Yeah, we soaked the poop out of her feathers and then we put on some vaseline."
"That's my hair, not your food."
"Your comb is a little pale, are you feeling ok?"
"You ate all the yogurt already, you don't need any more tomatoes today."
I could go on for ages...

Back
Top Bottom