Things you wish you could say

We dropped from about 28 people to 8 people suddenly since everyone put their two weeks in at the same time and management decided to tell them not to bother coming in for the last two weeks.
DW and I had lunch at my brother's restaurant today, (great crawfish BTW:drool).

He told me that even though he is making more money than ever, He is working his self into a frazzle because he can't hire anyone. With extended unemployment and Govt. handouts no one apparently has to work.

DW and I had lunch at my brother's restaurant today, (great crawfish BTW:drool).

He told me that even though he is making more money than ever, He is working his self into a frazzle because he can't hire anyone. With extended unemployment and Govt. handouts no one apparently has to work.
Our problem isn't even that (well it was in the beginning, but not any more.), we just have some pretty crappy DMs. The GM and AGM salaries amd requirements absolutely suck and no one feels heard or respected. Our store has been open about 3 and a half years and we have gone through about a dozen MGs already. They all either quit the company entirely or move to a different district chain.

Our problem isn't even that (well it was in the beginning, but not any more.), we just have some pretty crappy DMs. The GM and AGM salaries amd requirements absolutely suck and no one feels heard or respected. Our store has been open about 3 and a half years and we have gone through about a dozen MGs already. They all either quit the company entirely or move to a different district chain.
Sorry to hear that. Not to be a Debbie Downer but it goes with the territory. All I can suggest is to keep getting educated and work your way up and out.
The toughest boss I ever had was when I was self employed. I couldn't get away with anything.
A friend once told me "Hayden, when you work for someone, your selling little peices of your life. Make sure your paid well for it."

Back
Top Bottom