Things you wish you could say

Not to doubt you, just wondering how you "know" that?
I don't "know" it, I KNOW it. Because of the burning and dripping and running and itching in my eyes for two or three days that finally became so unbearable that I googled, "does Covid cause burning in the eyes?" and got back a positive response saying that about 3% of people with Covid at that time were reporting that symptom. So DH, who was starting to cough a little bit, and I went the next day and got tested and came back positive. His cough got a lot a worse but he never had fever. I had fever for about ten days and GI symptoms, could not eat or drink, got dehydrated, ended up in the ER twice, was kept overnight one or two nights (don't remember) in January or February (don't remember) and am just NOW getting energy and memory back. That's how I KNOW. Thanks for asking.

I don't "know" it, I KNOW it. Because of the burning and dripping and running and itching in my eyes for two or three days that finally became so unbearable that I googled, "does Covid cause burning in the eyes?" and got back a positive response saying that about 3% of people with Covid at that time were reporting that symptom. So DH, who was starting to cough a little bit, and I went the next day and got tested and came back positive. His cough got a lot a worse but he never had fever. I had fever for about ten days and GI symptoms, could not eat or drink, got dehydrated, ended up in the ER twice, was kept overnight one or two nights (don't remember) in January or February (don't remember) and am just NOW getting energy and memory back. That's how I KNOW. Thanks for asking.
I thought Brooks was asking about how you knew the method you contracted covid, not that he was doubting that you had it.

It was horrible. Sorry, Brooks, I know my answer was a little intense. I've come close to dying before, but I've never FELT that close to it before. That's why I'm still masking and distancing. I still don't feel safe. And I wish people wouldn't be so cavalier about it. I'm not afraid of dying. But we're raising a grandson, and he has NO ONE ELSE. He's 15. We have to get him through college. We've got 8 years to go. If other people want to risk their own lives, I can't stop them. But I wish they would not put my life in danger because masks are not cool, or uncomfortable, or whatever the excuse du jour is. I just want to raise my kid.

Typo, he's 15, not 25. He's in 9th grade.

It was horrible. Sorry, Brooks, I know my answer was a little intense. I've come close to dying before, but I've never FELT that close to it before. That's why I'm still masking and distancing. I still don't feel safe. And I wish people wouldn't be so cavalier about it. I'm not afraid of dying. But we're raising a grandson, and he has NO ONE ELSE. He's 15. We have to get him through college. We've got 8 years to go. If other people want to risk their own lives, I can't stop them. But I wish they would not put my life in danger because masks are not cool, or uncomfortable, or whatever the excuse du jour is. I just want to raise my kid.

Typo, he's 15, not 25. He's in 9th grade.
No worries. I am firm that masks do not work, but as you've said they still don't protect eyes. Best wishes to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom