Things you wish you could say

Just because the resulting dog looks cute doesn't mean that it's a good idea to purposefully cross dogs with no regard to health whatsoever just to make an easy buck (looking at you, 'miniature bernese mountain dog' breeders) (it is so BEYOND unhealthy to cross berners and cavalier king charles spaniels I am SO done)

I feel you. The last time I saw a friend of mine was October 2019. And I haven't seen any the people that I used to hang out with at a homeschool co op since sometime in spring of 2019.
Of course I haven't gotten texts from any of them since around Thanksgiving last year.

When I first met them, now over 5 years ago, I thought maybe I could actually have some friends since I used to move every year. Being homeschooled I never got to even see people at school.

Though I have gotten to hang out with my little brothers friends, who are much younger than me but the girl is more mature. I've gotten her interested in animals too. She went from being terrified of snakes to loving them in the same day after I showed her how sweet they can be.

I've been feeling really lonely the past few months though. The most social interaction I get is from teaching dog training, the occasional errand, and I sometimes get to talk to people while walking the dogs.

The only friends I have now are the people here on BYC. I think they're the reason I'm still able to hold on in life.
If you ever need someone to talk to, please PM me!! In fact...

It is May. Do not stop in the middle of the road to watch your child go in the school building, then get all pissy at me for honking my horn at your dumb ass. It's time to get over your child going to school, for gods sakes, they are in 3rd grade!

I feel you. The last time I saw a friend of mine was October 2019. And I haven't seen any the people that I used to hang out with at a homeschool co op since sometime in spring of 2019.
Of course I haven't gotten texts from any of them since around Thanksgiving last year.

When I first met them, now over 5 years ago, I thought maybe I could actually have some friends since I used to move every year. Being homeschooled I never got to even see people at school.

Though I have gotten to hang out with my little brothers friends, who are much younger than me but the girl is more mature. I've gotten her interested in animals too. She went from being terrified of snakes to loving them in the same day after I showed her how sweet they can be.

I've been feeling really lonely the past few months though. The most social interaction I get is from teaching dog training, the occasional errand, and I sometimes get to talk to people while walking the dogs.

The only friends I have now are the people here on BYC. I think they're the reason I'm still able to hold on in life.
Dog parks are a good way to meet people with similar interests.

Last edited:
I don't even know if I have any friends on BYC either. Most don't really want to talk with me. I'm really avoidant of people, Usually if somebody stops me on the street I try and move along and not get too into conversation. Which really makes making friends really difficult. I need a period of warming up, you know? it really makes me sad when the people who I thought where my friends completely stop talking to me. when I do make friends I get really attached to them and I cannot just move on. I miss them a lot.

I'm sorry you haven't seen your friends in awhile. I know the feeling of thinking somebody will stick around but they don't. really hurts.

I feel you, I'm always the one who stands to the side, the one no one wants at their table, the one people avoid like the plague. :hmm
For the longest time on this site, it seemed like I was a thread killer.
Whenever I posted, it was usually the last post in the thread.

For the longest time on this site, it seemed like I was a thread killer.
Whenever I posted, it was usually the last post in the thread.
I have often thought that for myself, about me. Then I figured, if nobody wants to respond after me, it was because what I posted was so great and profound, there was no way to follow it!

just because you like to sing doesn't mean you're ready for American Idol

just because you can't hold a job, doesn't mean you're an entrepreneur
But I am great and awesome! Just ask my mommy!

Heard a story about a young person losing their job for cause. Their mother called the boss and explained to them how this hurt her feeling of self worth and that she should be rehired with diminished responsibilities for the same pay. The expectations were just too high. No, they didn't get rehired but the nerve of the mother. What universe is she living in?

Suck it up, cupcake.

Heard a story about a young person losing their job for cause. Their mother called the boss and explained to them how this hurt her feeling of self worth and that she should be rehired with diminished responsibilities for the same pay. The expectations were just too high
Mind. Blown. Just flat out blown away.

Back
Top Bottom