Things you wish you could say

My place is definately skeleton crew. We've lost 3 of our workers because they had to go back to school out of state or weren't seniors and couldn't do the school-to-work. We've hired on one besides me to replace the 3 very experienced ones that left. Granted we might have more applications if we got more than minimum wage. It's just frustrating, almost makes me wish I hadn't left my old job, cause at least there, I wasn't the worst employee on my shift

I waitressed all through high school and college---tend to over-tip. I will also say "You guys are hustling here--thank you!" out loud when I hear a snarky customer complain out loud.
I love that you do this. I will do it too, should the occasion arise!

I've worked in production/shipping, mostly. I did some customer service type stuff in my day. Believe me, it is really a boost to the spirit to get recognized for working hard.

We've always been good tippers. Even more since the pandemic.

I send you a letter in May getting out of the union. You are still taking out union dues. Then I sent another one telling you to stop taking out the dues. You denied that letter. You WILL be hearing from my lawyer
Our union has a 2-week opt-out period per YEAR. I have a friend who missed that deadline by a couple days, and had to pay dues for another year.

While I agree with the concept of unionization, ours has become very corrupt, with union leaders making deals with city officials without consulting the members, or any sort of data.

Our union has a 2-week opt-out period per YEAR. I have a friend who missed that deadline by a couple days, and had to pay dues for another year.

While I agree with the concept of unionization, ours has become very corrupt, with union leaders making deals with city officials without consulting the members, or any sort of data.
Yeah, I found out today that my union needed the letter POSTMARKED on the day, not received on the day. I'm so mad but you better believe I will be fighting this

Yeah, I found out today that my union needed the letter POSTMARKED on the day, not received on the day. I'm so mad but you better believe I will be fighting this
So your letter got there early, and they considered it invalid?

Well, sheesh. Unless they threw it in the trash, they certainly had it in their possession on the appropriate day!

Hopefully you & your lawyer can get this sorted out!

Back
Top Bottom