Things you wish you could say

When EVERYONE SAYS to slaughter the rooster that ran at you once! Sometimes just give them one more chance people. I know that roosters can do real damage but why kill a animal after 1 freak incident....give him a chance.

i dont want to hear about "well roosters can seriously injure someone" please

When EVERYONE SAYS to slaughter the rooster that ran at you once! Sometimes just give them one more chance people. I know that roosters can do real damage but why kill a animal after 1 freak incident....give him a chance.

THIS

They can though. I think @Folly's place has personal experience with that. Not to mention that most times that freak incident turns into 2 incidents, and then 3, and then 4, and so on.

Yay, someone agrees
They can though. I think @Folly's place has personal experience with that. Not to mention that most times that freak incident turns into 2 incidents, and then 3, and then 4, and so on.
I understand that that happens but don't just kill the poor boy after 1 incident, give him a few more weeks. If it happens again then I would consider your options. I'm not saying after 5 incidents to keep giving him chances, just don't assume he's bad after 1 time. That's all.

Yay, someone agrees

I understand that that happens but don't just kill the poor boy after 1 incident, give him a few more weeks. If it happens again then I would consider your options. I'm not saying after 5 incidents to keep giving him chances, just don't assume he's bad after 1 time. That's all.
I will never kill a rooster for being a rooster. He will have his own pen.

I will never kill a rooster for being a rooster. He will have his own pen.
I could never either, they are just trying to protect themselves or the hens....they just think your a predator. We would applaud them if they attacked a predator but kill them if they mistake us for one. It's not right. If a rooster gets really bad and I can't handle him, he will get a pen for himself and if I can find someone who can take him (knowing he's aggressive) I will rehome, never would I kill him for being a rooster. I may discipline him (not harshly) because I want to try to "fix" him. You should pick up your roosters everytime they come to you, this way they know that if they get to close they get held. If your rooster likes it you may be tripping over him, if not he'll stay away and won't attack

Back
Top Bottom