Things you wish you could say

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by filmeditor

From the movie. No, not animation. A love/ adventure story.

There will always be mean people and people who think that they're giving good advice without realizing how it sounds to the recipient. I lost count of how many times I was told "You'd be really pretty if you wore makeup," when I was younger.
Yeah, but people who do wear makeup are called fake. Idk, I'm just depressed rn and tired of the bs people keep pulling to bring others down.

Hellooo I'm back again with another post about appearances. Been very self conscience recently so there may be a few of these.
For those of you that don't know I am non-binary/gender fluid. I have my pronouns in my tags.
Feeling androgynous is the average for me. I like being in the middle and it feels right.
Feeling feminine is more common than masculine, but still not super common.
Feeling masculine is rare for me.
When I feel androgynous I wear baggy clothing in dark colors like dark pine green and dark leather brown. I love the look. I wear things that are more form fitting when I feel feminine. I wear baggier, less shaping clothes when I feel masculine.
There are many comments made on every type of outfit I wear. As a young person, this is detrimental to my self-esteem. It might not seem like a big deal if someone makes a comment, but social media has evolved to the point where every insecurity can be hidden away by a filter or makeup. Not many people online show their insecurities. Or talk about them.
If I look andro, I get comments like, "You need to wear tighter clothing. You look kind of like a boy," or, "Moth, you look like a rat today with that baggy clothing on."
If I look fem, I get comments such as, "You dress so preppy. Get your own style." or "Aww, is Moth trying to be preppy now?" (Yeah it's stupid but it's been said.)
If I look masc, it's "You look like a hobo lol" or "Are you depressed? That's a depression outfit right there."
It's not that big of a deal but it still hurts a lot. I don't like a lot of myself now because of people.
I have an insane overbite, and it's been commented on a lot. I now cover my mouth when I laugh and smile without my teeth.
Sometimes I have eye bags. They say that I look like I'm on drugs. I try to use products to get rid of those.
I hate my eyebrows because one time someone said they were really thick.
I hate my nails because people call them cat claws. I really like how they look though.
I hate my laugh because it's ugly and loud "compared to other peoples"
I hate my personality because I'm "mean" and "bossy" and "sassy." I don't want to change my personality, but I've been trying to.

No one should hate their bodies or themselves because other people notice something off.

Yeah, but people who do wear makeup are called fake. Idk, I'm just depressed rn and tired of the bs people keep pulling to bring others down.
I did not mean to suggest that. If people want to, and it makes them feel good, then that's up to them. No judgment either way. I can't imagine anyone saying "you would be so much prettier without makeup." I mean what's personal choice is nobody else's business. Or telling someone how they should wear their hair or something. Right? That's like, what we call a "nunya." As in, it's "nunya" business.

Back
Top Bottom