Things you wish you could say

I'm not sure the badges would help a new member very much.

To me, the one for "Premium Feather Member" is more obvious than the ones for "BYC Friend" (and Spirit and Educator and so forth).

But anyone can be a Premium Feather Member just by paying for it, so it is not at all a good indicator of knowledge (I see plenty of new members who have it within a few days of joining, at a point when they themselves may still be learning the very basics.)

And for anyone who paid for a PFM, they may not realize that the other badges have any real significance.

(I thought of this beause the current page of this thread has a good selection of PFM and other badges, and some catch my eyes more than others.)
True. I was thinking 'Educator' - I don't think of PFM as a 'badge' - but you are right it is more prominent than the badges like Educator.
Worth raising with Mods do you think?

I'm not sure the badges would help a new member very much.

To me, the one for "Premium Feather Member" is more obvious than the ones for "BYC Friend" (and Spirit and Educator and so forth).

But anyone can be a Premium Feather Member just by paying for it, so it is not at all a good indicator of knowledge (I see plenty of new members who have it within a few days of joining, at a point when they themselves may still be learning the very basics.)

And for anyone who paid for a PFM, they may not realize that the other badges have any real significance.

(I thought of this beause the current page of this thread has a good selection of PFM and other badges, and some catch my eyes more than others.)
You haven't seen the videos?

200w (1).gif

True. I was thinking 'Educator' - I don't think of PFM as a 'badge' - but you are right it is more prominent than the badges like Educator.

I don't think it's worth specifically bringing up with the mods.

Personally, I don't see it as being a big deal either way-- newbies usually miss lots of information that is obvious to people who have been here for a while (like the date a thread was posted, which might be 10 years ago). I suspect most of them miss the badges too, and will continue to do so, because there is just so much information on the page that they don't know what is important until they have been here a while.

You haven't seen the videos?
Nope, never noticed those before.

I usually read the text in threads, look briefly at images, and ignore videos. Occasionally, I'll poke around in menus and see what options I can spot. (That's what I personally tend to do, not a statement of what anyone else does or should do. I do go back and look more closely at photos or videos if they seem important, like for breed/gender questions.)

My motto when shopping is "Go Big or Go Home". And sometimes that motto also goes toward cooking. The family will say just 2 or 3 lbs, but I buy 7+ lbs, and then there is no room in the freezer, so I cook it all. Then everyone gets sick of eating it. 😅
No such thing as leftover shrimp.
Boiled shrimp
Shrimp cocktail
Shrimp gumbo
Shrimp etouffee
Shrimp on a stick
Oh, so many delicious options

No such thing as leftover shrimp.
Boiled shrimp
Shrimp cocktail
Shrimp gumbo
Shrimp etouffee
Shrimp on a stick
Oh, so many delicious options
I wonder how shrimp would be in a nước chấm sauce. 🤔 Ooh! Stir fry! I cannot do things that have spice because I get very bad heartburn. I can barely eat sugary things anymore for the same reason. I cannot do raw honey, but the big-chain store stuff works as a sweetener. Hmm. I think that I am going to have to start my own Recipe Bible. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom