Think I can make anything out of this? *Update* 5/23 added most of run

featherz

Veggie Chick
13 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
We are still pondering whether to get a kit or build a coop from scratch (construction newbies here) - this shell of a kid's treehouse/playhouse is sitting in our front yard, and I just had a thought that if we can move it, put plywood around the top and a roof on, move the stairs and connect to a new hole in the top floor and fence in the bottom - maybe it would work? Any thoughts? I think it looks by the color to be all pressure treated and it's extremely sturdy. Over 8 feet tall is my guestimate, but the top floor is about 4 feet from the ground, give or take..

CIMG0597.jpg

CIMG0598.jpg

Last edited:
You can do soo much with that .. Hit up the small/medium coops on the Coop Page.. i would love to have that to work woth .. Rock it out

Tons of possibilities. Do a search on play set coops. Lots of people have started with these and there are plenty of photos to peruse.
Have fun! The potential is limitless!

We are getting 8 chicks from MPC - 4 leghorn, four RIR. Do you think we should make the whole thing 'indoor' or would the top floor be enough with the bottom open/fenced? Top 'floor' is almost 5x5, per the hubster and about 4 feet tall... We could make the whole left side 'indoor' and attach a run or make the bottom fenced and just have the roost/etc up top..

Using the top pic as a guide:

Wrap the upper left part in plywood, add a roof, add a hole in the floor and an access ramp and that is your "coop" / henhouse where you can have your roosts. On the bottom left part and all the right side: add hardware cloth for the run.

Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom