Think I can make anything out of this? *Update* 5/23 added most of run

Ok here's what we have so far. It's rudimentary, and it's not big enough to hold all the chicks we have, but we built it anyways. Do you think the ramp is too steep for them to get up there? If so, we'll have to maybe cut it off and make better 'steps'. I do not have bantams - currently RIR/leghorns.

We're adding roof material and hopefully the run today. It's approximately 30SF inside.

CIMG0723.jpg

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
good job! like the color...and yes, I agree with you, the ramp does look quite steep..lots of possibilities with this coop! Can't wait to see more pics when it is all done.

We added boards and a door and some of the hardware cloth (which isn't done yet, obviously!). The egg boxes will be outside mount on the side not showing, but that will come later - chicks are a bit young for that yet so we have time
smile.png
. Also, both the front and back have double doors - I'm planning to hardware cloth one on each side so we can open one door on each side for extra ventilation (plus there are screened vents on top). We moved the ramp - it's less steep but longer).

CIMG0729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom