Thinking About Re-Homing My Pilgrim Geese

LCP

Chirping
9 Years
May 8, 2010
Hello,
I'm from NE Ohio and I've been raising geese as a hobby for about 6 years. I currently have Pilgrims, Sebastopols, and Shetlands. I love all of them (that's the main problem!), but
breeding season is hard for me, and the next one will be here before I know it. I'm considering re-homing some, or all, of the Pilgrims. My Pilgrims get very active during breeding season and seem to take turns flying over the fence a lot. I had an expensive 5' fence installed, yet they fly over it regularly. I don't have the heart to butcher any of my geese, and I would prefer to see them go to someone who would just let them free-range on a farm. I want each of them to be with at least one other goose. At this point, I don't want to give them away free, but all reasonable offers will be considered, even low offers, just to help cover some of my feed expenses. I have 4 females and 3 males available. Two are the parents (hatched 2010) of the other five (hatched 2011/2012). They are nice geese who are not agressive, except during breeding season. Any advice or interest?

Hello,
I'm from NE Ohio and I've been raising geese as a hobby for about 6 years. I currently have Pilgrims, Sebastopols, and Shetlands. I love all of them (that's the main problem!), but
breeding season is hard for me, and the next one will be here before I know it. I'm considering re-homing some, or all, of the Pilgrims. My Pilgrims get very active during breeding season and seem to take turns flying over the fence a lot. I had an expensive 5' fence installed, yet they fly over it regularly. I don't have the heart to butcher any of my geese, and I would prefer to see them go to someone who would just let them free-range on a farm. I want each of them to be with at least one other goose. At this point, I don't want to give them away free, but all reasonable offers will be considered, even low offers, just to help cover some of my feed expenses. I have 4 females and 3 males available. Two are the parents (hatched 2010) of the other five (hatched 2011/2012). They are nice geese who are not agressive, except during breeding season. Any advice or interest?
welcome-byc.gif
Have you tried posting on the "where am I where are you" thread look up your state and post there, and also the Buy sale trade thread on here and we also have a rehoming thread but everything has to be free on that one, I hope you can find some great homes for your pilgrims I love the breed just don't have room for more geese and also live to far away which is another good reason to post on your states thread. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom