~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

i have the spacer part. but she just wobbles falls forward throws her legs behind her trying to get back up and then just kinda gives up for a while

Oky so far I've tried the spacer, splint, hock splint nothing is helping in the least. I think I'm going to have to make a judgement call on this one and cull it. It was a wrong end pip and took quite a while to hatch. I think I should have helped it out of the egg sooner instead of waiting for it to do it alone.
I am sorry - I'm out of ideas as well. Might wait on culling until tomorrow, perhaps some veteran leg-fixer and give you the key. Best of luck.
hugs.gif

This has been my best hatch ever! I'm up to 17 ducks hatched out yesterday with one last internal pip and one still kicking inside the egg. But I need help!

One of the baby ducks hatched too early and has just been twitching for almost 24 hours now.

The other I think was stuck in it's egg too long and can't seem to straighten it's neck. It's mostly mobile but it's neck seems very weak.

What do I do? I have broiler booster and maybe save a chick. I can't go to the store.

This has been my best hatch ever! I'm up to 17 ducks hatched out yesterday with one last internal pip and one still kicking inside the egg. But I need help!

One of the baby ducks hatched too early and has just been twitching for almost 24 hours now.

The other I think was stuck in it's egg too long and can't seem to straighten it's neck. It's mostly mobile but it's neck seems very weak.

What do I do? I have broiler booster and maybe save a chick. I can't go to the store.

I would keep the iffy ones in the incubator, maybe take them out to see if they will take a sip of water, then put them back in the incubator.

I guess electrolyte water or something like that might help.

I would keep the iffy ones in the incubator, maybe take them out to see if they will take a sip of water, then put them back in the incubator.

I guess electrolyte water or something like that might help.

Well this morning I woke up and the sleepy one is up and moving and is now playing on my floor with the rest. The other is trying

Quote: Wish you were closer. I would take them in an instant!
Me too . . .

Just checked on them after coop & bottle chores; the BO has severely curled toes... *sigh* Off to make boots.
Good luck-- sometimes boots work!!

I don't know what to do. I have a chick that has spraddle leg. I put the bandaid thing on it and everything but its leg is also twisted and it is tearing up its ?elbow?knee?.
Sorry about all the difficulties-- I had so many problem babies that I decided to cull them. A very diffficult decission, but I'm happier now having just the poults and chicks that are thriving. Like I said a hard decision to make . . . I tried leg splints and feet spreaders, sometimes it worked and for some it did not.

To all of you that are hatching/hatched turkeys, what temp / humidity do u use for a fan type bator?
Porters recommends 80% for turkeys, and turn down the heat a bit . . .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom