~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

Turkey mating!

Please let there be eggs soon!
wee.gif
Yay happy dance!

I brought in 5 eggs today.. (finally found the darn nest).. gonna plop them in the bator in the next few days and see how they do...

for the hatch a long it will probably be peafowl and mandarins... i might add a few goose eggs or duck eggs too...

Yeah, I hope too. I would have too get another emu egg though, But I may be able to do that. And I think I would have to set it some where around ST. Pattys day.

Yeah, I hope too. I would have too get another emu egg though, But I may be able to do that. And I think I would have to set it some where around ST. Pattys day.

yup.. I had emu eggs in the bator one year for a hatch a long

set date will depend on your incubation temperature for the emu.... so you'll have to plan it around whatever temp you are planning to incubate the emu egg
at 95.5 degrees it will take longer to hatch than if you are incubating at 97.5.. BUT the chick will have stronger joints if allowed to incubate at the lower temp since it's the more "natural" temperature for incubation

I just posted this on the turkey talk thread but had to share with you all too

My turkeys are officially mating
wee.gif
I saw it with my own two eyes
ep.gif
lol

This is their second season and the toms seem like naturals, pros. Last year they were like clumsy teenagers lol.

I should be seeing fertile eggs soon.
celebrate.gif

I am in!!! I enjoy this one much more than the Easter one! I can actually keep up. Not sure if I am going to do Turkeys....after the dismal time I had with them last year, probably not.

Back
Top Bottom