This creeped me out...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Aug 6, 2009.

1. kezabel

kezabel Songster

Yep that sound sreally Suss to me. It sounds like thay are seeing what you had in your shed and then saying about being Robbed, so whenthey come over to rob you you won't thinks its them. lol Man some people have got a hide, get that gun permit

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Well, we have a big barky dog. She wouldnt hurt a fly but she barks if she hears anything going on at night.

Got the gun thing covered. *wink*

I dont even know if the law knows there is a road back here...lol. When I say 'back in a holler', picture something out of Deliverance. [​IMG]

We can lock up our shed and our shop but our barn is one of those open style barns with big drive through doors. Cant be closed up or locked up.

We usually leave the keys in the Quad, the mower and the shed door...trusting arent we...lol. So, I did have DS's go out and get those and we'll figure out a safe place to keep them.

I hate being creeped out!

These boys arent too bright. I've already had to send DS over there to let the stranger know that he was letting his kids love all over a Mare who was getting chemo for skin treatment so they should probably QUIT since they were rubbing their little fingers through human chemo drugs.

Never asked, just called our horses over and were feeding them heaven only knows what through the fence....barbed wire...kids are all under age of 7. BTW, I would have said yes to petting but would have appreciated being asked so I could also let them know that the other Mare is blind in one eye and mean as a snake when she wants to be. Bites like no one ever told her that she was NOT a meat-eater! [​IMG]

Who was it that posted buying 50 acres and putting the house in the middle? No neighbors? LOL

3. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Songster

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    They are casing your place. Put a gate in the driveway ASAP (even a cattle gate, anything). Put up a camera at the gate. You can get a fake one for $30. Motion detection lights also.

Get a dog and load the shotgun. My DH works nights and my #1 protection is a 5 lb. toy poodle! She sits on my lap always. This dog will bark at the slightest noise. Gives me enough time to grab the gun and take the bigger dogs out for a look around!

We put up a gate down the driveway (and fenced all the way around the house/yard). It's a pain in the neck to come in and out but it has really stopped anyone from coming in the drive. We are very rural and I figured it'll be much harder for someone to carry my belongs down to their truck instead of just backing up to my door and loading up.

Good luck and be safe!

4. bigkford

bigkford Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Go to one of your local truck stops or call some of them see if they have a tazer gun. Around here they sell them in some of the truck stops. I went and got myself one just in case.

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Creepy for sure. I wouldnt trust them either.[​IMG]

6. TammyTX

TammyTX Crowing

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    If they can see your yard as well as you can see theirs then they would probably wait for you all to leave and then hit.

Maybe with your husband working nights he should worry about someone trying to get in while he's sleeping....not trying to worry you.

Here in town a lady had her webcam on to watch her dogs during the day and instead she got close up video of the guys who broke into her house, pretty cool.

We have been broken into one time and it was during a time when I worked mid's. Just so happened on that day I was in a class.

If no one has mentioned it, get a sign that says you have an alarm system. We found one blown in a ditch several years ago and no one questions it.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] Yeah, report it while it's fresh in your mind.

It's odd that they said they didn't report being robbed. That raises some huge red flags for me.

8. joebryant

joebryant Crowing

It's possible that your neighbor and his buddy were hoping to intimidate you because you're a threat to the dog that they were looking for. You made the facts clear to them, and they had no reason to feel successful about their attempt. If they actually try anything, shoot them first and then the dog.

9. River Lizard

River Lizard Songster

May 29, 2009
    Varina, VA
    I'd call the police so there's a record on file. I'd also explain what happen with the 2 guys and what they said too. Maybe they'd stop by to see the 2 guys and question them about the breakins, that will put some worry in those two knowing the police know about it.

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Excellent advice. And write it all down for yourself as well. My DH is a big believer in documentation, and many times I have been glad to have the reference.

Also, photograph everything in and around the barn and yard- If you should get robbed, you will have a reference to look and see just what's missing, as well as a record for insurance claims if needed.

Your story raised the hair on the back of my neck, gave me a shiver. Please be careful!

Stay safe, and if you need help we're all here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: