This forum has been much different lately.

lol That used to be the status quo on discussion forums.... 'self moderation'.
There's always been chatting and topic knowledge sections on forum, discussion boards, etc.
That's gone down the tubes....sometimes often I think, "smartphones made forums stupid".

Don't need to be 'labeled' an 'educator' to have good advice, experience, and logic.
Don't get me started on 'labels'.
Unfortunately many of those type members seem to be gone.
Maybe overwhelmed with the kindergarten ambiance.
That’s true about the labels. When I started on here it didn’t take me long to find the posters who I trusted, not all educators. But it’s a start if you’re new until you can separate the wheat from the chaff! Now it would be much harder.

Also, this might be more ranty and I'll delete if wanted, but I'm getting sick and tired of how most threads are closed now because someone doesn't like the topic and complains. I was in a great chat thread and people who had no business being there complained and got it shut down nor even 2 days later. And then when a thread was made asking for clarification about why it was closed and what part we weren't supposed to make again (the topic or a particular comment that may have been offensive), it was deleted without an answer
I know what thread you're talking about. Disappointing.

That’s true about the labels. When I started on here it didn’t take me long to find the posters who I trusted, not all educators. But it’s a start if you’re new until you can separate the wheat from the chaff! Now it would be much harder.
I just paid attention to who had educational threads and who got tagged a lot/responded a lot to emergency threads in case I need help

Also, this might be more ranty and I'll delete if wanted, but I'm getting sick and tired of how most threads are closed now because someone doesn't like the topic and complains. I was in a great chat thread and people who had no business being there complained and got it shut down nor even 2 days later. And then when a thread was made asking for clarification about why it was closed and what part we weren't supposed to make again (the topic or a particular comment that may have been offensive), it was deleted without an answer
Agreed. I personally know quite a few people asked for reasoning and we were given a copy and pasted answer that didn't actually answer or address anything. This is actually why I've become inactive. I'll probably get my comments deleted for saying all this most likely too unfortunately.

Anyways I'm off. I just think this forum needs serious improvement if folks want it to stay active. Also I think a lot of folks need to get off the moral superiority high horse when you're exhibiting very similar behaviors. Maybe we should be looking at ourselves more and trying to bridge division instead of threads like this which widen it even more, but what do I know. Peace and love.

Back
Top Bottom