This is really worrying me...

_ADM_

Chirping
Jan 14, 2022
So im having really bad luck with my hatch atm (like really bloody bad), started with 18 eggs, 6 were eaten by the broody, put the remaining amount under my other broody. Candled them 1 day ago, found 7 dead (she couldn't fit all of them, all stone cold), then just today she stepped on one of the eggs smashing it open. Now I have 4 under her. But thats not what I made this thread for, I wanted to ask how long can eggs at day 18-19 go without their mother or heat. Cos things just got even worse, I found 3 of the 4 eggs out from under her and they were cool, not stone cold, but barely luke-warm, I have put them back under her hoping they are not dead. But I just need to know cos I reckon they would have been out for about an hour. Its not my first time with hatching from broodies but it sure is the worst time.
I need help so bad. I will be really upset if out of 18 eggs I only get 1.

Thank you

Usually if they're not stone cold, they'll be okay when they warm up. Heck, i had one sitting at 60° in my house for a few days before we eggtopsied it and it was actually still alive unfortunately.
Oh thats very unfortunate about that chick. And that gives me a but of hope that they are ok, but cant guarantee it. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom