This Is Urgent! Please Reply!

duckclo99

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
My little farm
My ducklings are out out of their food, and it's all I have, I need to feed them. I wanted to know if I could feed them finely crushed dog food or cat food. The store is closed and they are hungry! PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASE HELP!

Do you have oatmeal? You can dampen some oatmeal and add crushed cat crunchies to it for tonight.

Remember to remove any damp food left by noon tomorrow so it won't start to mold.

How old are they? If more than two weeks, you could finely chop up salad greens (not spinach) for them. I serve it with a little water.

Hard boiled eggs, chopped up can be fed to ducklings also, I believe (someone else may want to verify this one).

Last edited:
to get you through until morning and the food run, you can make some oatmeal for them (be sure to cool it down before feeding). Check the freezer or can cupboard for some corn. Veggies and fruit are great, just be sure to cut it up fairly small. Can you cut some grass from outside? Have any barley (or other grains) in the house? few pieces of bread (wheat best, torn up into small pieces).

All these will be just fine for ducklings, and probably much loved!

Feed them scrabled eggs and yogurt, they love it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom