This owl wont stop attacking my chickens and ducks!

Do you happen to know if there's anyway to buy a trap for owls?or is that not allowed
I know how to trap birds of prey in theory but I assume it is not legal and/or you need a license/permit. You will have to look up ordinances for your area and, I suspect, for the type of owl.

I know how to trap birds of prey in theory but I assume it is not legal and/or you need a license/permit. You will have to look up ordinances for your area and, I suspect, for the type of owl.
Oh,okay that makes sense then,and your lucky to have an american game,there are none of those breeds near me to buy, i mostly just have my silkies,serama,batams,and rode island red jus the small and simps lol

thats what i was thinking,i live surrounded by the woods,so many predators around here,ive even had a fox come in and take a chicken when it was out of its pen
This is where welded wire makes a good cover. I have never used netting because of the raccoons we have here. I don’t know if they would come through the netting.

I have several chickens who dont sleep in the coop at night, and I think they spread that coopist propaganda to the new birds because I always have some younger birds join them in the trees. Which is fine - less poop cleaning for me. I'm amazed with how late I can be letting them out sometimes that they havent all found elsewhere to sleep.
I used to have chickens that slept in trees... then the owls found them and I’d wake up in the morning to headless chickens under the trees, until they were finally all picked off and I no longer had chickens that roosted in trees.
Do you happen to know if there's anyway to buy a trap for owls?or is that not allowed
Owls are federally protected. You don’t want to trap them.

I have seen coons on my cameras but they haven't bothered my birds that I'm aware of.
IMAG00011014 06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom