This place is so bad for me

zooweemama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Far Northern California
So so bad. 9 ducks turned into 17 ducks. Re-homed 3 drakes. Now adding on 2 geese. Our flock will grow next year when we add on even more ducks. But this is our learning year. :) I don't think BYC is going to be good for my duck or geese math. I'm just sayin.

Hahaha! I'm heading in the same direction,,
tongue.png

Oh yes this section is full of enablers! Before BYC All I had were aquariums and exactly two ducks. After awhile it lead tp more ducks....then Geese....then More Geese...then Guineas....Got rid of the Guineas...and I'm now brooding Turkeys in my bedroom
gig.gif

Oh yes this section is full of enablers! Before BYC All I had were aquariums and exactly two ducks. After awhile it lead tp more ducks....then Geese....then More Geese...then Guineas....Got rid of the Guineas...and I'm now brooding Turkeys in my bedroom
gig.gif
Eep! I want turkeys! My husband asked why. I said I don't know! They look so cool! I don't even want to eat them. I love their plumage and carriage really- and the noise they make. I'm not one to get animals without having a purpose for them. With one exception- my bearded dragon. She has no purpose other than that I love her and I wanted her. haha! Ducks..eggs. Geese...intruder alarm. Dog...intruder attacker. Cats...mousers. Turkeys? I can't come up with one since I don't think I'd want to eat them. I want to add chickens next year but for eggs and eating. I am the same way with plants. I only plant ones that serve a purpose for me. I don't like taking care of roses or other pretty things unless they serve a purpose...(other than being ornamental. i am not that kinda girl.) I will be planting rainbow chard and other edible plants around the house and the raised beds- pulling out all the lilies and other bulb flowers and replacing them with things that have...purpose. But yeah...turkeys. Good luck with the brooding!

I guess I should just give in.
Resistance is futile! :p

haha everyone I know hates geese. Thinks they are awful creatures. (not one of them have any and they are judging by the ones they see downtown on the city hall lawn.) And here I am getting 2. It's a disease. I will be resting after these 2 geese though until next year. I really want to take the time to learn as much as I can from my own mistakes, here on the forum, see which breeds are working out best for us, learning more about chickens (because frankly all the diseases, mites, etc they get are really turning me off)...and just seeing where I want this to take me. :) But I am so excited to try out geese! I figured worst case if they are not for us- selling the pair should prove rather easy. I think we will love them though.

Every time I go to the feed store, it puts the brakes on and reminds me that i already have enough animals.

If you want turkeys that serve a useful purpose and you don't want to eat them you could get a trio of show quality purebreds and sell hatching eggs or poults. That way the turkeys would pay their own way..... or at least part of their own feed bill.

Back
Top Bottom