Tho I'm trying not to get attached.....

Eggstra New

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Springport, Michigan
I can't help it! My chickens are so darn cute! Two of the girls got out of their yard today and into the horse pasture. We've not finished putting the rocks around the edges so I think they found a hole. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow! Lol! Any whoo.... so I went out to get them expecting a circus. I called their names (Frenchy and Lola
wink.png
) and they came running to me and followed me to the coop. They waited for me to open the door and hopped in! OMG I was dying of laughter! Those chickens running at me Moooommmm! So funny.

lol when i'm outside the run they all freak out and go, "she's coming! FOOD!!!" but when i get in, i get the cold shoulder, er, feather from all of them!

It is very hard not to like them. My Pooky has a strange ritual, if you come into the coop you MUST sit down and let her scrutinize you. If you don't she will SCREAM at you. It's starting to sound like a broody screech!

Quote:
Then go ahead and get attached. I just love my gals! I can't help it they are just so much fun!!! Not to mention the delicious eggs they give me. Win win all the way around.
smile.png

Quote:
If they're not to become dinner, why in heavens name wouldn't you let yourself get attached? Go ahead! Unleash your heart and let yourself fall in love! You'll never regret it. Even when I loose one of my most favorite girls, and it hurts to my core, I never regret one second of allowing myself to love my birds. As the old saying goes: It is far better to have loved and lost, than to never know love at all!
wee.gif

haha the same thing happens to me cause whenever we hatch another brood of chickys we agree to give away the roos but then we get so attached we don't lol! now we have WAY too many roosters (ahem, um, 12 actually
hide.gif
) and we can't let 'em go!!! if they're hens, i'd say go ahead and LET yourself get attached cause there 's nothing wrong with that (and we ALL end up like that anyway) good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom