Thoroughly Annoying Phone Scam!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Jul 18, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Different numbers from all over the country, same stupid "Your auto warranty is about to expire" scam. I've reported three numbers to the FTC so far this month. ~:[

2. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I get those all the time and I know its a scam cause they don't say which vehicle. I usually respond with

" BITE ME".............

[​IMG]

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I know it's a scam because I haven't had a car with a warranty in 20 years!! lol.

4. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I'm registered with Do Not Call and still get a few of those calls.

As soon as I repeat the name and company or ask what for those things they immediately hang up. I don't have caller ID so I can't report it. I Googled a company name and got lots of hits, all legitimate companies. They are using common names to make it hard to track.

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I'm glad my phone line runs straight to the fax machine. All the jerks get in an earful of squealing.

6. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I always go with, "Really? Please tell me more!"
    then set the phone down and walk off. About 10 min later I hang it up.

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Somebody tried to get more info on the company by giving them phony auto info and was told his 1OO,OOO mile extended warranty would be $2,143 and they would only take payment immediately. No "thinking about it and calling back" allowed. Can you imagine what these scums are sapping out of some folks?!?

8. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I like to interrupt their spiel sometimes with
    "do I owe you money
    and they say
    No
    And I say Good let's keep it that way
    and then I hang up

[​IMG]

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I get that call about 3 times a day. "This is your last chance as the warranty on your car is about to expire" Then, they want you to press different numbers on your phone.
    I was wondering if this is the same scam where pressing the different numbers changes your long distance carrier on your phone?
    I just let the answering machine screen it and then erase. But it is annoying. :mad:

10. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    O always respond with "Huh? I ain't got nuttin to do wit no shootin..uh.." Then I hang up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by