Thoroughly Annoying Phone Scam!

lol.png
AK, If they made your phone ring-- Elvis, auto-dialer, or whatever, they still called you first, regardless of what they accused you of.
wink.png

I know some are gonna want to shoot me for saying this but anyone who subjects unsuspecting people to hearing Elvis should be shot.

we use our daughter's (minor) name for phone. when sell-a-phoners call, we let them talk to her. she listens and when they ask for money, she tells them, "I only get $10 a week for allowance." Works like a charm. she also lets them know that soliciting a minor is illegal.

a hint, get your magazines and other periodicals in your child's or pet's name. you'll know who is selling your name and number to whom!
wink.png

I always lead them along…

“OMG my warranties about to expire?”

Yes sir it is

Oh gosh I thought it was good for a long time

Nope, it’s due to expire in one week

Oh, well what do I do?

Well sir we are the same company that’s currently providing your warranty. Would you like to extend it another 2 years?

Oh my god yes! My cars making a funny sound now. I need the warranty

Alright sir, lets start off with your name, last name first

Ok, My last name is off and my first name is screw

Then I hang up…..
big_smile.png

Last edited:
* I'm usually too polite to go that far (and my son had a very short-term telemarketing job when he couldn't find anything else for awhile, so I try to remember that many of them really are people!) but, maybe I'll learn how to say it in Russian.
tongue.png

d.k :

* I'm usually too polite to go that far (and my son had a very short-term telemarketing job when he couldn't find anything else for awhile, so I try to remember that many of them really are people!) but, maybe I'll learn how to say it in Russian.
tongue.png

They may really be people but when they call someone on the do not call registry they are participating (even if unknowingly) in an illegal activity.​

Back
Top Bottom