Though Times - The great duckling flood of 2022

Bad weather here yesterday, the little ducklings could not go outside due to shower after shower passing through, i had them spend their day in the sleeping area of the ducknagers:

At least they could see the other ducks and ducklings and had a larger area to run around and become tired. In the evening they enjoyed a serving of Tomato and Cucumber soup:

Last edited:
And the six young wild Mallard ducks - they are not ducklings anymore - yesterday confidentially walked into the duck-run and raided the pellet-feeder :
Not sure if they will fly south to escape the winter or if they will just stay here. So far they are not yet ready to take flight but they have daily training exercises. Momma Mallard has disappeared, so the kiddos are on their own now.

Bad weather here yesterday, the little ducklings could not go outside due to shower after shower passing through, i had them spend their day in the sleeping area of the ducknagers:

At least they could see the other ducks and ducklings and had a larger area to run around and become tired. In the evening they enjoyed a serving of Tomato and Cucumber soup:
Ducks after getting their order of soup: "Waiter! There is no FLY in this soup!"

Ducks after getting their order of soup: "Waiter! There is no FLY in this soup!"
Well i won't have that problem here: I got much warmer today here and i was too busy to empty out the ducklings kiddie-pool and the ducknagers tarp bed-room and now there's flies all over my patio. I just added a fresh layer of chopped straw for tonight.
General Cleanup will be visiting the duck-base tomorrow…

General Cleanup was here today and he was accommodated by his colleague General Failure…
  • I removed all waterers and feeders from the ducklings and ducknagers brooders
  • Together with General Cleanup we grabbed the ducklings little kiddie-pool, carried it to the compost pile and dumped the content.
  • Then we grabbed all four corners of the tarp underneath the ducknagers sleeping area lifted it with the content and started to walk towards the compost bin.
  • Halfway through we discovered that the content of that tarp was too heavy, so General Cleanup asked his colleague to help and General Failure engaged…
… the tarp ripped and the large pile of wet straw and 💩 fell out on top of my feet. I was litterally standing in 🦆-sh¡t!!! 😝

I swear, every duck, ducknager and duckling was laughing about me! 😳

Last edited:
Despite the two Generals visit's, all is clean now and ready for the ducknagers:
20220818_201726.jpg

The ducklings are already inside their new larger kiddie-pool breeder:
20220818_201911.jpg

Sad news from here! - This evening one of Pinball Ducks babies has died. The little one with the crest on its head suddenly fell on its back and was unable to get back on its feet. Then it started to cramp violently and died within an hour. 😢
There was nothing Pinball or i could do to save it from the curse of the crest.
Fortunately ducks cannot count, so Pinball has already forgotten that there was another duckling…
No video of the cramping duckling, it was too gruesome, but here are two pictures of the little one. I have added two pictures below in a spoiler, but they are not gruesome at all, the duckling is looking really peaceful. You can see the crest at the back of the head…

Sad news from here! - This evening one of Pinball Ducks babies has died. The little one with the crest on its head suddenly fell on its back and was unable to get back on its feet. Then it started to cramp violently and died within an hour.😢
There was nothing Pinball or i could do to save it from the curse of the crest.
Fortunately ducks cannot count, so Pinball has already forgotten that there was another duckling…
No video of the cramping duckling, it was too gruesome, but here are two pictures of the little one. I have added two pictures below in a spoiler, but they are not gruesome at all, the duckling is looking really peaceful. You can see the crest at the back of the head…
Oh no 😞. I am so sorry your little one died. I don't know why, but it always seems to hurt more when the little ones die. Maybe because you never get to really get to know them. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Back
Top Bottom