Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
We have ours because 1 they are adorable and very comical. If I could upload a video I would 😏

But also we have them for their eggs, they are great for baking with! Or make a large batch of scrambled eggs with em.

Ours will quack at us when we get home or come outside lol like they are saying hello 🤣
How do you keep them from flying away? Sorry lol I know absolutely nothing about ducks

How do you keep them from flying away?
Most domestic breeds can't fly, they are too heavy actually. If you see a wild Mallard next to a domestic breed there is generally a huge size difference. You can also clip the wings like you do a chickens.

All of our birds are in a run, we can't free range unfortunately. We have WAY too many eagles and hawks where we are so our flock would not last long. Our girls will flap and stretch but never actually get off the ground more then maybe an inch haha

Most domestic breeds can't fly, they are too heavy actually. If you see a wild Mallard next to a domestic breed there is generally a huge size difference. You can also clip the wings like you do a chickens.

All of our birds are in a run, we can't free range unfortunately. We have WAY too many eagles and hawks where we are so our flock would not last long. Our girls will flap and stretch but never actually get off the ground more then maybe an inch haha
Wow very interesting thank you for the duck lesson 😊

I’m sorry to hear about that.

I too am trying to follow our Lord. Unfortunatly I live in a confused and pagan state, but my area is trying to break away to a new state (Jefferson). My area never did listen to the Gavin Newsom and after we got some bad folks out our board of supervisors and county officials decided we should ignore his orders and our church never closed and we are the one of only 2 counties to have had live fairs.

I am currently attending a Christian and Missionary Alliance church, I was raised in the Charismatic Movement, but I have been studying theology and I am moving closer towards Sacremental Protestantism such as Lutheran or Anglican churches

. Pax Domini Christus Vobiscum
@Severne it sounds like you’re on a journey like a lot of cradle Christians in our confused and disordered culture who want to find truth they can stand upon and go back to the roots of Christianity where there is routine, ritual, foundational truth, liturgy, sacraments and all things that the Early Church Fathers have handed down to us. We have the freedom and access to stand on the shoulders of some brilliant, and holy men and women of God, if we could get past some of the misinformation of the last 500 years, we could bridge the great divides amongst Christians and be wholly and holy united in the way that Jesus prayed for in John 17, and St. Paul preached about in Ephesians, and in 1 Corinthians.

My husband and I are in our 30’s, he was raised in Church of Christ, I was raised Pentecostal, my grandmother in the holiness movement, and myself in Assemblies of God. We entered the Catholic Church in 2017 and it’s been the best thing for our family and our marriage we could ever do. It brought order to our chaos. And helped us learn so much about how much we need each other as Christians, especially in the progressive, toxic environments of what started as a “seeker friendly” movement and turned into a “we no longer talk about sin or the bad news which makes us believe in our NEED for the Good News!”.

My MIL is joining the Anglican Church this year. :)

Liturgy and Sacraments are contagious...so is the Truth, for that matter. Lol.

We just moved to country last year and have 3 kids, 1 dog, about 30 chickens, about 2 dozen ducks, 5 geese, and 8 acres of land.

We call ourselves “Charismatic Catholics”. Haha. And @MarkJr is correct about being able to tell if the Holy Spirit is there. I’ve been to Catholic and non-Catholic churches that have embraced some bad theology, and some just plain false doctrine, it’s pretty easy to pick up on in one service if you’re in tune to God’s love and presence.

Anyway, if you need a buddy to talk to who has gone through very similar weird faith transitions, feel free to message or reach out. I can recommend some reading or YouTube channels that might help, as well.
God Bless!

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly do you do with ducks? Eat them or get their eggs? Or are they just pets? They are so adorable

So for us I got them in hopes of helping with mosquitoes 🤪I’ve read they eat them and slugs and other bugs. I’ve never tasted a duck egg but I suppose in another 10ish weeks or so I will 🤣plus I just wanted some bc we have a pond so why not.

I’ve quickly learned they’re the messiest, smelliest, and dumbest of all our outside animals. But they are entertaining to watch.

Hello everyone! I just found this thread. About a week ago I realized that nobody on here knew I was a Christian. I was kinda astonished at myself. I am currently going to a Presbyterian church, but I have also gone to a Baptist. I don't really stand strictly by any particular denomination. I am glad this thread was started! Can't wait to meet all y'all!

So for us I got them in hopes of helping with mosquitoes 🤪I’ve read they eat them and slugs and other bugs. I’ve never tasted a duck egg but I suppose in another 10ish weeks or so I will 🤣plus I just wanted some bc we have a pond so why not.

I’ve quickly learned they’re the messiest, smelliest, and dumbest of all our outside animals. But they are entertaining to watch.
Haha they are messy and smelly, but totally worth it! 😊

Hello everyone! I just found this thread. About a week ago I realized that nobody on here knew I was a Christian. I was kinda astonished at myself. I am currently going to a Presbyterian church, but I have also gone to a Baptist. I don't really stand strictly by any particular denomination. I am glad this thread was started! Can't wait to meet all y'all!
Hello and welcome! I fall under the non-denominational category, but the church we are currently members at (and love) the pastor has Baptist roots. So we lean a little that way I suppose you could say lol either way, he preachs from the Truth, never altering it and always stand firm on it. Something we really have come appreciate!

Back
Top Bottom