Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
Such an exciting thing! After dinner tonight I went out to the run to say hi to the birdies, I've been working all day, and I'm sitting there just kinda watching all of them and chatting with my 2 boys when I look over and see an odd shaped rock, one of which I know was not there before.
Get up to look closer and tucked up against the lower wood beam of run, in a little hole, between a couple of large rocks is this cute little pullet egg!! 😁😁

Now the guessing game of who laid it and where will we find another one lol. It's slightly green in color, so I need to check ear lobes tomorrow and see which one has slight greenish ear lobes.
It's funny too cause I just noticed several of them starting to squat or finding them digging around in the nesting boxes, so I went to tsc on Monday and bought some fake eggs and oyster shell, and then second guessed myself thinking we had several weeks to wait still as these girls are only about 15.5 weeks. Guess my gut was right! My 2 boys were so excited! 😆

Attachments

• 20210623_202633.jpg
    20210623_202633.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 0
Oh my goodness love this and I want to join. Thanks for starting it!:frow

I live in Georgia with my husband of 9 years. We have yet to have biological children but are staring the process to becoming foster parents! The Lord is writing an amazing story and making beauty from ashes!

We had to put down my beloved miniature Pinscher about a year and a half ago- of almost 16 years. I'm still not ready to get a dog but I chicken sat for a dear friend and absolutely fell in LOVE! So we now have 6 chickens: 1 Black Australorp (Lorpy) 1 Barred Rock (Poppy Seed) 2 Buff Rocks (Orpy and Ginger) (they were supposed to be Buff Orpingtons and are not, lol!)
2 California Whites (Sassy and Pearl).

I've been saved for 14 years now. It never ceases to amaze me how great His love is for us. He is long suffering and incredibly merciful. It's great finding like minded people in this world! Also trying my hand at gardening and love it!

Love your story so happy you joined us.

Back
Top Bottom