woot.gif
droolin.gif

OLAH PEEPS !

Got me some PHEASANTS hatched!
woot.gif
Swinhoes & Elliotts!
Will get pics soon.

Also have pics of my build of my Pheasant run

ALSO went on a mini vacation up to the Strait of Jaun De Fuca on Monday & Tues & saw this!!!
WONDER what will hatch out of these ???

THIS is SWEET !!! Our View right from our campsite

THEN we went to the OLY Game Park & saw these do you know what they are??? I WANT SOME!

NOT these!

ALSO went on a mini vacation up to the Strait of Jaun De Fuca on Monday & Tues & saw this!!!
WONDER what will hatch out of these ???

THIS is SWEET !!! Our View right from our campsite

THEN we went to the OLY Game Park & saw these do you know what they are??? I WANT SOME!

NOT these!
Beautiful pics, and love the pheasant run.

Ok, I was told on the gamefowl thread that shamos will not get along with other birds and the hens will fight too. Since I don't want to have to keep them penned up away from everyone I guess shamos are out. So now I'm trying to decide between cubalayas, la fleche, and penedesencas. I like the cubalayas looks better, and they are supposed to have wonderful temperaments but a tendency to hop fences and roam pretty far. Penedesencas lay pretty dark eggs, and aren't as common as marans, and they have a neat carnation comb, but are supposed to be flighty. But I like my leghorn, who is a flighty breed too. I love the looks of la fleche, but they lay white eggs and for some reason no one likes white eggs
hu.gif
, are flighty, and I've heard they aren't very hardy. I won't be deciding until at least fall. It's way too hot to try shipped eggs or chicks for me right now.
Maybe I should just sell all my chickens and stick with ducks.
big_smile.png

Cubalaya la fleche Penedesenca

Hey guys! I actually took a couple pics of my Anconas today. Down to 4. 2 blues, 1 lavender, and 1 black. My blue male has a rusted chest which looks pretty cool. All blue on top but rusty boobies. I think he looks pretty neat. My daughter and I played around with the chalk today. My fence looks so cute now.
lol.png

droolin.gif
. Were you liking the size of Shamos? Because the Ko Shamo is much less gamey. The rest are gorgeous though!
Ok, I was told on the gamefowl thread that shamos will not get along with other birds and the hens will fight too. Since I don't want to have to keep them penned up away from everyone I guess shamos are out. So now I'm trying to decide between cubalayas, la fleche, and penedesencas. I like the cubalayas looks better, and they are supposed to have wonderful temperaments but a tendency to hop fences and roam pretty far. Penedesencas lay pretty dark eggs, and aren't as common as marans, and they have a neat carnation comb, but are supposed to be flighty. But I like my leghorn, who is a flighty breed too. I love the looks of la fleche, but they lay white eggs and for some reason no one likes white eggs
hu.gif
, are flighty, and I've heard they aren't very hardy. I won't be deciding until at least fall. It's way too hot to try shipped eggs or chicks for me right now.
Maybe I should just sell all my chickens and stick with ducks.
big_smile.png

Cubalaya la fleche Penedesenca

Back
Top Bottom