Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I had a surprise bright moment to my day. I went egg hunting in my pasture and found a nest with a single egg. I noticed last week that my brown African girl had disappeared for a little bit, so I figured it was her nest. Then, I watched her go to the nest this afternoon. After a while, she returned to group and I checked the nest. Sure enough, there was a fresh warm egg. I replaced it with a marked infertile egg from my dewlap girl and have my african's two eggs inside. I am pretty sure she is the 1st to start laying, but I think my others will start sometime this week, too.
smile.png

My 1st 2 EMU eggs are in Lockdown!
woot.gif

52 days is the 19th !!! But could take up to 60 days
he.gif

PLEASE PLEASE HAVE Emu babies in them
fl.gif
fl.gif
Hoping those eggs start hatching soon!
I had a surprise bright moment to my day. I went egg hunting in my pasture and found a nest with a single egg. I noticed last week that my brown African girl had disappeared for a little bit, so I figured it was her nest. Then, I watched her go to the nest this afternoon. After a while, she returned to group and I checked the nest. Sure enough, there was a fresh warm egg. I replaced it with a marked infertile egg from my dewlap girl and have my african's two eggs inside. I am pretty sure she is the 1st to start laying, but I think my others will start sometime this week, too.
smile.png
Yay for eggs!

I went to Jerry and Psue's today. I came home with this guy and a splash sumatra hen. I didn't get any pics of the chicken because hubby was cuddling "his new chicken Pepper" until it the kids came home, and the littlest one isn't feeling so hot so I've been busy with her since. Halloween got picked on by Minnie for about 5 minutes, then the rest of the day they were hanging out and acting like nothing was new. He is keeping out of beaks reach from her, but I think a few days and a full pool would probably change that quickly.
lol.png

smile.png
congrads on the eggs ... we are still waiting.
barnie.gif

I went to Jerry and Psue's today. I came home with this guy and a splash sumatra hen. I didn't get any pics of the chicken because hubby was cuddling "his new chicken Pepper" until it the kids came home, and the littlest one isn't feeling so hot so I've been busy with her since. Halloween got picked on by Minnie for about 5 minutes, then the rest of the day they were hanging out and acting like nothing was new. He is keeping out of beaks reach from her, but I think a few days and a full pool would probably change that quickly.
lol.png

I still think she was making a pass at him and he missed it
lol.png

awww, when do I get to meet you guys too?
Spring time Marty.... Spring gotta wait till the old man has teeth so you can cook
wink.png

awww, when do I get to meet you guys too?
We really all need to meet up sometime this spring.
smile.png

congrads on the eggs ... we are still waiting.
barnie.gif

I still think she was making a pass at him and he missed it
lol.png

Spring time Marty.... Spring gotta wait till the old man has teeth so you can cook
wink.png
Yet another reason for me to be impatient for spring. She probably was, lol. Everytime I looked outside they were just eating a few feet from eachother, hoping for a nicer day so I can actually watch them for awhile and see how they act together. And fill up their pool. If she was trying to make a pass, that should give her plenty of opportunity to try again.
lau.gif

We really all need to meet up sometime this spring.
smile.png

Yet another reason for me to be impatient for spring. She probably was, lol. Everytime I looked outside they were just eating a few feet from eachother, hoping for a nicer day so I can actually watch them for awhile and see how they act together. And fill up their pool. If she was trying to make a pass, that should give her plenty of opportunity to try again.
lau.gif
yes and he will want pool time... it's the only thing him and Squishy ever fussed about... who got the pool first
lau.gif

Are Emus too dark to candle? or do you not have a candler?? Good luck how exciting!
Shell is a beautiful dark green egg & VERY thick.... So you just gotta sit back & wait!
he.gif

2 months of waiting
th.gif

My 3 trays ~ I guess theres room for more ???

CONGRATS Jules
love.gif

woot.gif
Utah ~ Who is your African paired with?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom