Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Forgot to put in the rest of my post, lol. Marty, she laid the big egg the day before yesterday, and then another egg last night. So I got an egg 2 days in a row, maybe you still have 2 pair?

Sebbies can lay two days in row, especially when weather is yo yoing

They have their own fertility issues to contend with and quads can lead to low fertility over all compaired to trios

Here's hoping someone laid back to back

If you pull wing band numbers and PM them I can pull last years hatch log and look them up from your birds

I need to go out and work readying my run for the piggies ... I now know where the term "PIGPEN" & PIGGYBACK RIDE" comes from
lau.gif

They say there is nothing cuter than a baby pig! Which is very true ..... BUT man do they grow fast .... & now they look like this
droolin.gif

What happened to this ??
579184_299091010191241_973084530_n.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have Emu, Duck, Goose, Chicken, Bantam(Ohiki) eggs here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 2 Emu babies in the bottom hatcher of the Master Bator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND I THOUGHT DUCKS & GOSLINGS WERE SLOW
th.gif

Congrats, RG!!! Are you going to set your goose's precious 1st egg??

I should be expecting babies any day now! I now how you feel. I'm becoming so impatient, I just want the little guys to bust on out of their shells so I can finally see the them :3

Well, I got a real surprise this morning. In the sebbie pen, I found a big egg frozen to the ground. The reason this is a surprise, is I gathered two eggs yesterday. This means what I thought was 2 pairs of sebbies, is actually one male and three females! Of course, this means the sebbie I lost to the dogs was a boy from Celtic.

That's an awesome pic of your eggs Julie!

thumbsup.gif
Forgot to put in the rest of my post, lol. Marty, she laid the big egg the day before yesterday, and then another egg last night. So I got an egg 2 days in a row, maybe you still have 2 pair?

I gotta go check my nest now!!

I am planning on making an omelet of my 1st 3 sebbie eggs!
lau.gif
So I see fertility. I am not planning on setting any Sebbie eggs. I have my trio & do not want any more. I want some dewies ..... hint hint

Julie, congrats on the eggs! 269 grams is huge! Any chance they are fertile?
Pretty sure they aren't. I haven't seen a hint of hanky panky going on, but I am going to crack open egg the last one laid sometime soon and see. I picked it up before it was "dry" and messed up the shell a little, and Cara has been telling me she wants to eat one of the big eggs, so I guess I'll let her.
smile.png

I need to go out and work readying my run for the piggies ... I now know where the term "PIGPEN" & PIGGYBACK RIDE" comes from
lau.gif

They say there is nothing cuter than a baby pig! Which is very true ..... BUT man do they grow fast .... & now they look like this
droolin.gif

What happened to this ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have Emu, Duck, Goose, Chicken, Bantam(Ohiki) eggs here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 2 Emu babies in the bottom hatcher of the Master Bator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND I THOUGHT DUCKS & GOSLINGS WERE SLOW
th.gif
Cute piggies and I still love your incubator! Hurry up little emus.
I am planning on making an omelet of my 1st 3 sebbie eggs!
lau.gif
So I see fertility. I am not planning on setting any Sebbie eggs. I have my trio & do not want any more. I want some dewies ..... hint hint
That will be one big omelet, lol.

C'mon emu babies.
fl.gif

No dewlap eggs yet, but my two yearling buff girls are working on their nests (one girl which I'm 99% sure will be fertile as she is mated with my 2yo buff gander).

Julie, hope you see some hanky panky soon from your pair!

I know that third egg came yesterday (when the other two girls also laid) which means 3 eggs the same day. Unless sebbies can lay 2x a day, I've got three girls. Ruth said it was there yesterday afternoon, but I didn't notice when I did chores again in the evening. I'd gathered 2 eggs at noon, this one was laid after that.

Back
Top Bottom