Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I have an update to my white gander........ After calling my vet and having my experienced avian friend come to my house, we rounded up my gander for exam/treatment. We checked every inch of his body under a magnifying glass and found nothing, all while his middle toe slow dripped blood (which we had first assumed we caused when catching him). I guess he snagged his toenail then slept with his foot curled under his body this morning. Perhaps I should have caught him right away and examined him closely before calling the cavalry.
hide.gif
It's amazing how much the little buggers can bleed too, isn't it? Before I figured out whey the sebbie looked like an ax murderer had been after him (the dogs were way cleaner) I forced myself on him, and wondered how a feather or two could produce enough blood to make me have visuals of jagged cuts and bones sticking out. It was just feathers.

IN fact, I trimmed wings and made a small turkey pen for my trio, to keep the Tom away from the diamond (the for sure sebbie male). it kept him in for about 2 days, and today he and the goose were at it again. The turkey is completely bald on his right breast. The sebbie is not near as roughted up as the turkey at this point. Stupid turkey. He insists on strutting for any white birds that'll pay attention to him. This includes geese.
barnie.gif
I caught his bum tonight and tossed him back over the fence. I'm gonna have to weight his feet down.

She has a big Backhoe to load it in the back of your truck if you buy it by the bag

BAKIN I am sooooo sorry...... At least they have each other, and it sounds like there is lots of food to be had too....

It's amazing how much the little buggers can bleed too, isn't it? Before I figured out whey the sebbie looked like an ax murderer had been after him (the dogs were way cleaner) I forced myself on him, and wondered how a feather or two could produce enough blood to make me have visuals of jagged cuts and bones sticking out. It was just feathers.

IN fact, I trimmed wings and made a small turkey pen for my trio, to keep the Tom away from the diamond (the for sure sebbie male). it kept him in for about 2 days, and today he and the goose were at it again. The turkey is completely bald on his right breast. The sebbie is not near as roughted up as the turkey at this point. Stupid turkey. He insists on strutting for any white birds that'll pay attention to him. This includes geese.
barnie.gif
I caught his bum tonight and tossed him back over the fence. I'm gonna have to weight his feet down.
They bleed like crazy for sure!

Sounds like Tom need to be renamed "Dinner."

She has a big Backhoe to load it in the back of your truck if you buy it by the bag BAKIN I am sooooo sorry...... At least they have each other, and it sounds like there is lots of food to be had too....
Awesome. We're on!
celebrate.gif

You get to see my new Jeep too! I will drive us around town, so you don't need to drive your truck everywhere.

Oh & I bought myself a pair of BOGS slip on muck shoes today !!! TOTALLY in love
Don't think I will ever buy another kind of work/farm boot

http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styles/womensShoes/viewAll/page-1.html

How many cool mucks do you really need? At least one of each preferably a dozen
lau.gif

(closet boot hoarder)
hide.gif

You get to see my new Jeep too! I will drive us around town, so you don't need to drive your truck everywhere.

Oh & I bought myself a pair of BOGS slip on muck shoes today !!! TOTALLY in love
Don't think I will ever buy another kind of work/farm boot

http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styles/womensShoes/viewAll/page-1.html

How many cool mucks do you really need? At least one of each preferably a dozen
lau.gif

(closet boot hoarder)
hide.gif
How tough are those Bogs? I need something that will hold up to daily wear. I'm so tired of replacing mucks after 6 months.

I'm kinda loving these: http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/71218-009.html Love the pull-on handles!

Do you want me to just come over to your place then? I think I can find you again!

How tough are those Bogs? I need something that will hold up to daily wear. I'm so tired of replacing mucks after 6 months.

I'm kinda loving these: http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/71218-009.html Love the pull-on handles!

Do you want me to just come over to your place then? I think I can find you again!
These are my 1st pair, (I can take you to Sunbirds to try on a pair ~ only a mile from the auction) I too have replaced to many muck boots in the past, & I have found out you get what you pay for... & when I put on these BOGS I had a Footgasm
lau.gif

We can just meet at the Yardbirds Auction if you want unless you want to come see my critters and Emu Baby?

Last edited:
These are my 1st pair, (I can take you to Sunbirds to try on a pair ~ only a mile from the auction) I too have replaced to many muck boots in the past, & I have found out you get what you pay for... & when I put on these BOGS I had a Footgasm
lau.gif

We can just meet at the Yardbirds Auction if you want unless you want to come see my critters and Emu Baby?
I believe it. I had some hunting-grade boots winter before last and they cracked in less than three months. I kill boots, probably because they're not meant to be worn while crawling around in the mud on your knees.

I have to meet your emu! Don't care if it's before or after the auction. Is emu baby bigger than a cat yet?

No she is still a little baby! I haven't named her yet, because I am waiting to hatch another one, so I can name them as a pair ! I am free all day, as far as I know. So we will have some poutry, auction, lunch n maybe a little shopping!

Oh & you get to see my puppers

Last edited:
th.gif

I have a drake that broke a blood feather when he was first feathering in. I had seperated them to take to auction the next morning, went in and he was covered in blood. Checked him over for injuries, gave him a bath and his feathers stained pink. He's still called Pinky.

Glad it wasn't anything serious. They'll scare you, won't they?

Awwww.... did you wind up keeping Pinky then? By the way, how are your two new drakes settling in?

barnie.gif

Indeed it is, especially on a white feathered bird. It scared me half to death seeing him covered in blood!

Sorry your sebbie and turkey are continuing to have problems. I have heard quite a few stories about ganders and turkeys having problems during breeding season and it usually ends with the turkey getting killed.

Any African or dewlap eggs yet??? All 6 of my African girls are laying now. I got my 1st duck egg yesterday and my yearling dewlap girls are building nests so I expect to start seeing eggs from them this week. However, my 2yo grey dewlap girls are only now showing any interest in boys, so it will probably still be a while before I get eggs from them.

Day 11, the egg should be getting fuller with dark space.  That is good!  Only veins easy to see days 4-8 or 9.  You look for an increase in full used space.  Your air sac will contine to change.  You might use a pencil to mark air sack now, then remark in a week to see progress and detect changes inside egg.

Your doing fine!
I candled again this morning. Four are pretty dark inside. The air sac isn't perfectly even for all of them, sometimes a little zig zagged. And there was definitely something moving around in one if the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom