Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

congrads on the egg! at least it's only one egg... if it doesnt fix i'll have to toss that one... but for now the baby is swimming in there

Thanks! I'm excited! It's a huge egg!! Now my biggest 2yo grey girl is in a nesting box. I do not dare get my hopes up for her to also be laying, because IF (very big IF) fertile, it would be with a buff gander.

Candled tonight... got 12 Buff Orph. Duck eggs growing good, but one of the eggs has NO aircell.......... none, zip, NODA
barnie.gif
all the babies are moving very well and the are on day 14.

Crazy ducks!
Somehow I missed that you have Buff ducks. I really like them.
Botched eggtopsy?
sickbyc.gif
I have never yet had the courage to eggtopsy a failed hatch. I've even taken A & P, but then again, that might be why I'm unwilling. When nature screws up, it can be unlovely.
Same here. I think it's the smell that keeps me from looking. In a lab, all you really smell are the chemicals.
Psue, congrats on the duck eggs developing! How weird the one has no air cell? I am getting an egg a day from my coop and have set a couple ancona eggs aside. It may be fun to have a couple ducklings hatch with my goslings.
My big news for the day....... one of my 2yo grey dewlaps is laying an egg right now!
wee.gif
Unfortunately, she is not separated from my production gander, but that will be fixed by the end of the day. Fingers crossed in 10 days, I will have purebred fertile grey dewlap eggs for hatching.
Yay for eggs! I have Anconas due to hatch in about 2 weeks. I'm getting excited for some duckling cuteness!

congrads on the egg! at least it's only one egg... if it doesnt fix i'll have to toss that one... but for now the baby is swimming in there
That's very weird. I'm curious to see what will happen with it.

I'm happy that I found a GREEN Ancona egg today. I was worried that I sold all my green egg layers last year, because I hadn't seen one yet.

Last edited:
My Ancona was laying dark gray eggs, but now they are kind of creamy bluish white.

I'm up to 11 of 13 sebbie eggs showing fertility! The two first eggs from both girls oddly, aren't fertile. Of course, maybe they didn't like me waiting 10 days to put them in the bater.

Quackers, glad to hear the boys are settling in well.  I expect your girls will get back into the swing of things in no time.

Psue, congrats on the duck eggs developing!  How weird the one has no air cell?  I am getting an egg a day from my coop and have set a couple ancona eggs aside.  It may be fun to have a couple ducklings hatch with my goslings.

My big news for the day....... one of my 2yo grey dewlaps is laying an egg right now! :weee   Unfortunately, she is not separated from my production gander, but that will be fixed by the end of the day.  Fingers crossed in 10 days, I will have purebred fertile grey dewlap eggs for hatching.

Fingers crossed :)

My Ancona was laying dark gray eggs, but now they are kind of creamy bluish white. 

I'm up to 11 of 13 sebbie eggs showing fertility!  The two first eggs from both girls oddly, aren't fertile.  Of course, maybe they didn't like me waiting 10 days to put them in the bater.

:woot

Back
Top Bottom