Eggs in LD !

53 duck eggs from auction,
4 Dewlap eggs from UTAH,
3 Sebbie Eggs from me,

& tomorrow
2 Pom Goose eggs from GOIN QUACKERS
2 pilgrim goose eggs from Brad at auction

And thats no Foolin!

Eggs in LD ! 53 duck eggs from auction, 4 Dewlap eggs from UTAH, 3 Sebbie Eggs from me, & tomorrow 2 Pom Goose eggs from GOIN QUACKERS 2 pilgrim goose eggs from Brad at auction And thats no Foolin!
My auction eggs started pipping early, so they went to lockdown last night. My Pom eggs are pipped and rockin, but not out yet.

Those chicken eggs from auction? I ended up with 28 chicks. Would have been 30, but 2 committed suicide in the waterer. I forgot that chicks tended to do dumb stuff like that. Now if only the people who emailed me actually show up to buy the darn things. I need more brooders.

Let me know how those Pom eggs do. I can't get any more because one of the Africans has decided to sit on the communal nest. Maybe my boss will get some goslings too!

Bummer! I was hoping to get some more from you
hit.gif

I wish I would have bought those darn Pom eggs from that ebay guy now also as a backup
he.gif
.... Wonder if he has any more? Maybe I will PM him.

Silly birds wanting to go broody!!!
I mean really you think you can hatch your own eggs when we have the power of digital technology ???
lau.gif

I LD 2 of the 3 the Poms you hooked me up with, one was a no go, 1 looks real good, and am
fl.gif
on the other. I would hate to end up with one Pom gosling
th.gif
Will
fl.gif
hopefully have dewies to grow up with, but really want a pair.

The two I got as a pair earlier are cute, but I really am starting to wonder if they really are Poms? The lady got them as a mix hatchery lot...
Next time you come down I have sebbie eggs for you! Just give me some advance

Last edited:
Bummer! I was hoping to get some more from you
hit.gif

I wish I would have bought those darn Pom eggs from that ebay guy now also as a backup
he.gif
.... Wonder if he has any more? Maybe I will PM him.

Silly birds wanting to go broody!!!
I mean really you think you can hatch your own eggs when we have the power of digital technology ???
lau.gif

I LD 2 of the 3 the Poms you hooked me up with, one was a no go, 1 looks real good, and am
fl.gif
on the other. I would hate to end up with one Pom gosling
th.gif
Will
fl.gif
hopefully have dewies to grow up with, but really want a pair.

The two I got as a pair earlier are cute, but I really am starting to wonder if they really are Poms? The lady got them as a mix hatchery lot...
Next time you come down I have sebbie eggs for you! Just give me some advance
I'm hoping I hatch enough to bring you some goslings.
fl.gif

What's the best/favorite way to keep duck eggs from rolling around in the bator? Turning was SUCH a pain last time bc the screen just let's them roll all around. Suggestions? I have more eggs ready to go in but wanted to get this figured out first.

Last edited:
What's the best/favorite way to keep duck eggs from rolling around in the bator? Turning was SUCH a pain last time bc the screen just let's them roll all around. Suggestions?
I use a type of wire & make racks/rows to fit egg size ~ then I use tissue paper inbetween if I need to stablelize them

Thank you! Do you think this is enough of a "tilt" for them to stay on for the duration? I know when I actually saw an egg turner I was surprised at how upright the eggs actually were.. but this may be a little too steep. This is the lid to an old bottle/nipple keeper that goes in the dishwasher.. LOL:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom