Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

This is just a guess, because I've never had scovies, but my Jumbo Pekin's eggs were about the same size as regular duck eggs, so I'd say the big ones are scovy.

I'm so excited! I got my ship date for my American goslings - last week of April!!!

My Pekin eggs were always larger than my scovies.... So what all did you get at auction today? Sorry I was not there the whole time, I usually ever miss an auction EXCEPT the annual Garage Sale at the Fairgrounds that me and Eye
love.gif
have went to for the past 3 years !

Stoked I managed to score 5 dozen guinea eggs & 2 ~ 18 packs of pekin/rouen eggs!

Last edited:
I have a crazy batch of hatching!!!

11 goose eggs rocking ! 2 Sebbies have pipped
53 duck eggs popping out like popcorn! They are sooooo stinkin cute! So many different colors
My little Ohikis are hatching too, and 30 chicken eggs!
I have one full hatcher

I also have 2 Emu eggs going into LD tomorrow ~ I do not have high hopes EMUS are HARD to HATCH !!!

Seven Pekin and one Mally egg in my bator, incubation day 4, set to hatch May 1. Here's what I see this morning in all eight! One is slightly less defined but I feel like it's pretty definite. But seven for absolutely sure.
wee.gif

My Pekin eggs were always larger than my scovies.... So what all did you get at auction today? Sorry I was not there the whole time, I usually ever miss an auction EXCEPT the annual Garage Sale at the Fairgrounds that me and Eye
love.gif
have went to for the past 3 years !

Stoked I managed to score 5 dozen guinea eggs & 2 ~ 18 packs of pekin/rouen eggs!
I'm just going to lock them down when they internally pip. Sent photos to several friends and got contradictory answers.

You saw my haul from YB. 36 marans eggs that I overpaid for. Some assorted chicken eggs and the flat with the 3 goose eggs, the pekin and scovy eggs.

At CC I bought: 1 doz RIR chicken, 1 dozen EE chicken, two dozen green egg-laying chicken eggs, 15 goose eggs (clumsily broke one putting them in the bator... noooo!), a pair of pekins, a rouen hen and a swedish hen. The last two went to a friend who needed friends for some horny drakes they rescued. I'm about 2 dozen eggs beyond what will fit in bators until Wed or so. I had to assume the eggs from QJ were going to be a no-go since they were days late. Of course, I get home and there's the box.

Oh, and I rescued a khaki campbell drake this morning.

And there's the saxony eggs I didn't think I'd win on ebay. What have I done?

From now on, I need you to keep me from overdoing it. No matter how many bators I have, I always seem to buy more than I needed to fill them. At this point, I don't have room for another bator.

Did you get any treasures at the big sale? I would have come, but once I ended up with live birds in the car, all bets were off.

I have a crazy batch of hatching!!!

11 goose eggs rocking ! 2 Sebbies have pipped
53 duck eggs popping out like popcorn! They are sooooo stinkin cute! So many different colors
My little Ohikis are hatching too, and 30 chicken eggs!
I have one full hatcher

I also have 2 Emu eggs going into LD tomorrow ~ I do not have high hopes EMUS are HARD to HATCH !!!
My goose egg that I got at auction pipped and then died on me. I'm crushed.

My ducks just finished hatching. Here's some of them.

It's either 21 or 23. They don't stay still long enough for me to count.

Locked down Icelandic chicken eggs last night. Have to clean the other hatcher and lock down the next batch of WH.

Can't wait to see what hatches out of those eggs I brought you. My goslings look like this:

Did you see the geese they had at CC? I chatted the girl up a bit after I bought my pekins. They only went for $10 each!
th.gif

Seven Pekin and one Mally egg in my bator, incubation day 4, set to hatch May 1. Here's what I see this morning in all eight! One is slightly less defined but I feel like it's pretty definite. But seven for absolutely sure.
wee.gif

Exciting! I candled my batch set on 3/27 and 4/1 last night. Some of the veining in the shipped ones looks a little off, but that's what happens with shipped eggs.

I never made it over to CC .... What kind of geese did they have? Looks like you got a bunch of great goodies! I never look at anything as overpaying when you get what you want
thumbsup.gif

Sorry about your lone goose egg.
hugs.gif

My duck eggs have been popcorn hatching all day ! Look just like your plethora of ducks!

I am however hatching my 11 Gosies!

2 sebbies from my 1st eggs of the season! I just had to set them
TODAY

I never made it over to CC .... What kind of geese did they have? Looks like you got a bunch of great goodies! I never look at anything as overpaying when you get what you want
thumbsup.gif

Sorry about your lone goose egg.
hugs.gif

My duck eggs have been popcorn hatching all day ! Look just like your plethora of ducks!

I am however hatching my 11 Gosies!

2 sebbies from my 1st eggs of the season! I just had to set them
TODAY

They looked like a chinese goose cross. Pretty birds!

Love your little sebbies!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom