Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I brought my baby africans out in the sun today, they were awefully cute!!!

I'm with you, ducklings drive you mad. I'm glad I have my lone duck hen on the job, much easier, and probobly less smelly in the long run! LOL

I'm with you, ducklings drive you mad. I'm glad I have my lone duck hen on the job, much easier, and probobly less smelly in the long run! LOL
I've got a broody chicken that's been sitting for around 6 weeks now. A few weeks ago she tried adopting my turkens, who were 9 weeks old at the time and as big as her, but they were scared of her, lol. So she went back to sitting. I think at this point she's desperate enough she'll take anything, so I'm going to try sticking these under her once they've hatched.
lol.png
The less mess I have to deal with, the better.

Goslings are so cute they should be illegal.
I've got a broody chicken that's been sitting for around 6 weeks now. A few weeks ago she tried adopting my turkens, who were 9 weeks old at the time and as big as her, but they were scared of her, lol. So she went back to sitting. I think at this point she's desperate enough she'll take anything, so I'm going to try sticking these under her once they've hatched.
lol.png
The less mess I have to deal with, the better.
Haha. Broodies are so much fun to deal with. I'm glad I finally got my Chinese goose to stop sitting on her carefully gathered pile of rocks.

Well, had to go bomb squad on a nasty chicken egg in the cabinet. Threw out the three eggs nearest it as well as a precautionary measure. Darn thing cracked all over when I tried to dispose of it. I still feel sick.
ep.gif

Down by about half of what I had. Turkey eggs were a bust for the most part. Several blood ringed duck eggs.

I love auction eggs, but I hate them. Not knowing what's been handled properly and so on can be frustrating. Either way, I paid so little for them that I can't feel bad that I had to toss a whole bunch.

My ducklings are finally starting to get a move on. I've got 2 external pips. Since they've internal pipped I had 4 little chicks hatch out. I had the eggs in there for a neighbor, those little ones already have fluffed and gone to their new home. Just makes the ducklings seem even slower, lol.

One of the cute little fat chicks with a serama who is around 3 weeks old. It's amazing how big large fowl chicks seem when you've hatched nothing but teeny ones for awhile, lol. And these are from red sex link parents, so not huge large fowl.

those are some cute chickies!
I've got 5 hatched from the free eggs I got from the feed store. My grandduckies. Not sure what they are yet, hopefully they'll fluff up so I can see their colors.

Yayyy, congrats!

Quote: they are resting i think.....i hope anyway, no external pips though... and i could hear them all night rolling around in there...48 hours since the first one started, i have my humidity up and they are all laying with air cells up, i know hatching is a big deal for them but they are wearing me out!!!!

glad to see baby chicks and hear about pips from some of you guys!! so exciting!!

Set eggs, now have 18 duck, 10 goose and 4 Scovie in the bator. It looks so empty compared to the 100+ I had in there Mother's Day
hit.gif

Here's my Mother's Day babies... 3 Sebbie and 3 Embden

Back
Top Bottom