Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Quote:
How cool is that. living so close, i got my 2 from Hen thymes she is a breeder and shows her English Orp.s Mine will be 1 year old in Jan. I hope to get a roo one day, I love the Splash and also the blk. they are the most laid back chickens I've ever had other than Brahmas they are alid back too, maybe it's their size that makes them that way, they are very big.
I have these 3 huge chickens then most of the rest are my cochin bantams, except for my game hen that started me on chickens.
smile.png

smile.png
i really hope we get some good birds from these guys.. the roo that she got (HUGE LAV BOY) is just beautiful. i hope we can select breed them i need to build a breeding hutch. or some idea to help me. i have two EEs that are really pretty that i hope i will hatch out some prettys from them also.
oh yes i have a buff thats only 6 months old and man shes the biggest bird out there.

Quote:
How cool is that. living so close, i got my 2 from Hen thymes she is a breeder and shows her English Orp.s Mine will be 1 year old in Jan. I hope to get a roo one day, I love the Splash and also the blk. they are the most laid back chickens I've ever had other than Brahmas they are alid back too, maybe it's their size that makes them that way, they are very big.
I have these 3 huge chickens then most of the rest are my cochin bantams, except for my game hen that started me on chickens.
smile.png

smile.png
i really hope we get some good birds from these guys.. the roo that she got (HUGE LAV BOY) is just beautiful. i hope we can select breed them i need to build a breeding hutch. or some idea to help me. i have two EEs that are really pretty that i hope i will hatch out some prettys from them also.
oh yes i have a buff thats only 6 months old and man shes the biggest bird out there.

My 2 Orps I call the grewsome twosome because they do tend to pick on my bantams, not bad to where they hurt them but they will bully them some. My dh named them Thelma and Lousie. maybe thas why they are bullies. My Light Brahma girl is so quiet she never picks on the littles as i call them, matter a fact her best buddy is my buff bantam cochin. I had 4 other brahma hens but gave them away to try and cut down my feed bill.
i bet you'll have some nice birds out of them. I would like to have some EEs just for the colored eggs, what is their temperment like?

Last edited:
Quote:
how did that work out for you?? LOL!!!!

they are calm, not to skiddish.. i like them alot more then my RIR hens man they are MEAN with a capital M they peck at me when ever i get close to them. i have one RIR who takes on my turkeys!!!
liberty my EE roo hes red white and blue really pretty i just got him from a friend of mine hes a great roo i just love him i keep forgetting to get a picture of him
but i here is my hen
89080_ducks_084.jpg

leppy is a wonderful hen she emprinted on my oldest daughter and is just a happy hen doesnt like pictures though
89080_ducks_093.jpg

this was america she died by drowning in my goats watering trough
sad.png
i cryed for days
she was the youngest in my coop at the time and was pushed everywhere.
sad.png
im thinking she was pushed in the trough too DARN GOATS!!

Quote:

they are calm, not to skiddish.. i like them alot more then my RIR hens man they are MEAN with a capital M they peck at me when ever i get close to them. i have one RIR who takes on my turkeys!!!
liberty my EE roo hes red white and blue really pretty i just got him from a friend of mine hes a great roo i just love him i keep forgetting to get a picture of him
but i here is my hen
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89080_ducks_084.jpg
leppy is a wonderful hen she emprinted on my oldest daughter and is just a happy hen doesnt like pictures though
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89080_ducks_093.jpg
sad.png
i cryed for days
sad.png

How did cutting my feed bill do for me? well it hasn't been quite as expensive having 14 chickens as when i had 34. and 10 ducks and a goose to boot. your chickens are beautiful. love the colors. Goats now they are on my wish list
smile.png

just thought id throw in a picture of vader.
i really didnt think he was going to make it. but he proved me wrong
smile.png
still the littlest in the bunch but make up with personality
smile.png

89080_ophington_024.jpg

89080_ophington_025.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
hit.gif
you just dont like me!! i know its okay.. i get it
tongue.png
just playing its easy to do. lydias are way pretty.
i hope they are as pretty as i imagin when the get older.

Last edited:
Quote:

but i here is my hen
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89080_ducks_084.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89080_ducks_093.jpg
sad.png
i cryed for days
sad.png

How did cutting my feed bill do for me? well it hasn't been quite as expensive having 14 chickens as when i had 34. and 10 ducks and a goose to boot. your chickens are beautiful. love the colors. Goats now they are on my wish list
smile.png

lol i mean cutting down on chickens...
tongue.png

oh yes geese are hogs on food!!!
i dont have goats anymore. (well outside
lol.png
) they were a pain in my butt!! i couldnt get them to stay in the fenced area. and they ate all of my garden this year and last year.

Back
Top Bottom