Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Quote:
How did cutting my feed bill do for me? well it hasn't been quite as expensive having 14 chickens as when i had 34. and 10 ducks and a goose to boot. your chickens are beautiful. love the colors. Goats now they are on my wish list
smile.png

lol i mean cutting down on chickens...
tongue.png

oh yes geese are hogs on food!!!
i dont have goats anymore. (well outside
lol.png
) they were a pain in my butt!! i couldnt get them to stay in the fenced area. and they ate all of my garden this year and last year.

Cutting down on chickens just till brooding starts up in the spring
tongue.png

Quote:
That is so awesome QJ, Congrats on all of it including the chickens that will go in the coop and the ducks on the pond.
lau.gif

Thanks Miss Lydia. I'm so excited to finally have a bigger space. That's the farm I was raised on, so it's like home. Mainly cuz it is home. LOL.

The coop AND location are both great! How far from your place is it? Close enough so you can check up on everyone regularly?

Quote:
I don't think it looks weird. I think I would be more concerned about it internally pipping with no external pip in 3 days. I'm having the same thing here. Mine has internally pipped 3 days ago and has yet to external. I will be helping it a little tonight.

70 will come along soon and offer some advice. I'm inclined to help them before they get too weak. But that's just me.

Quote:
Thanks Miss Lydia. I'm so excited to finally have a bigger space. That's the farm I was raised on, so it's like home. Mainly cuz it is home. LOL.

The coop AND location are both great! How far from your place is it? Close enough so you can check up on everyone regularly?

My parents live about 15 minutes away. I'll have to go out there every day after dropping off my daughter at school. But it's okay. In the summer I help my dad in the garden every day anyway.. so it'll work out. Plus it gives me something to do, or somewhere to go rather. (Stay at home mom's can get in a stay at home slump.)

I am a sucker for blues & lavenders already. I just think they are eye candy can't wait til mine get older ~ here are pics of my orps (white & lav)
Beautiful Orps Evelle!

What do you think? Will these chicks be good colors?
107940_pc308367_575x640.jpg

107940_pc308329_640x592.jpg

107940_pc308349_640x480.jpg

107940_pc308353_480x640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom