Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Congrats!
yippiechickie.gif
Cant wait to see pictures!

It's OK, if they are active, let them at it. Don't even expect a single thing before day 28, day 29 and 30 are more likely. After external pip, expect to wait (don't touch!!!) another day or so..... They are S L O W.
Marty!!! Missed you!

And x2 on all your advice!

Hey Gals!
frow.gif
Kevin!!!!
frow.gif

2 special Ladies I haven't seen for a while, What ya'll been on vacation together? LOL
Great to see you 2..
frow.gif

100* oh my gosh you'll cook those ducklings. After hatch you can put then into garage as long as temps in brooder is around 85* first week and then they have a way to get out from under the lamp if they get too warm. And make sure you secure that heat lamp. This past Feb a BYC member lost her whole barn and all her animals from a fire, now I am obsessed with safety.
after week 1 you'll want temps to drop back 5* till they are feathered in. And Marty gave sound advise Don't touch those eggs.!!!
smile.png
Nice to see everyone's still popping in from time to time. I have ducklings. I should get photos tonight. Breaking the rules by not having pics in the first 24 hours...

Little Peanut hatched
jumpy.gif
Cute little thing, and a girl to boot! I'll have to post pictures later.
Aww! Congrats! The ones I hatched from your eggs are almost full grown. Beautiful!

Little Peanut hatched :jumpy Cute little thing, and a girl to boot! I'll have to post pictures later.

Aww! Congrats! The ones I hatched from your eggs are almost full grown. Beautiful!

Awesome! I'm so glad the worked out for you :) How was the beak sexing, by the way? Was it accurate? So far it's been dead on for me, and I always vent sex too to be sure.

How have you been, Kevin?

Ups and downs here, but life is good if not a little disorganized at the moment.
I've been okay. Life has been a bit hectic lately but things have finally settled down again.

I'm glad to hear life is going well for you!

Awesome! I'm so glad the worked out for you
smile.png
How was the beak sexing, by the way? Was it accurate? So far it's been dead on for me, and I always vent sex too to be sure.
Perfect. Was a little worried for a while that the girls would be boys, but they're quacking away now!

I've been okay. Life has been a bit hectic lately but things have finally settled down again.

I'm glad to hear life is going well for you!
Lots of bizarre turns of events in my life... oh, the irony. But it's good.

I have to share my peeps with everyone!

Two day old babies (fawn & white runners) from eggs taken from broody halfway through incubation:

Two week old "flying" rouens and rouen mixes. I swear, those little escape artists can jump two feet!

Perfect. Was a little worried for a while that the girls would be boys, but they're quacking away now!

Lots of bizarre turns of events in my life... oh, the irony. But it's good.

I have to share my peeps with everyone!

Two day old babies (fawn & white runners) from eggs taken from broody halfway through incubation:

Two week old "flying" rouens and rouen mixes. I swear, those little escape artists can jump two feet!
They are all precious
love.gif
Put some weight on those Rouens they won't be able to get off the ground.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom