Time to change zoning laws in Baltimore county MD

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by the7girls, Oct 22, 2012.

1. the7girls

the7girls New Egg

Oct 22, 2012
    Hello. We live in Baltimore Co MD and have "illegal" girls. We applied for the variance and come to find out after spending the money for the variance there is no way we can win because the administrative law judge cannot go against the zoning law anyway and grant permission to keep the chickens. So now, Baltimore County MD residence bound together and lets get this bill passed where we can have our chickens with less than an acre. Email us or post to this thread to let us know if you support this. We need thousands of people who support this! Talk to your family, neighbors, friends, and spread the word. ([email protected])

2. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
  3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. :goodpost: Definitely try checking out the links Red Barn provided and good luck :thumbsup

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

Good luck - hope common sense prevails

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] good luck, Red Barn Farms gave you good advise.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  6. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, the7girls, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock and have my fingers crossed you can keep yours!!! Best of luck to you!

8. LiveLocally

LiveLocally New Egg

Apr 30, 2013
    New to the cause and discussion, but are you a part of:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenrevolution/646911425335226/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
    or:
    https://www.facebook.com/Baltimorechickens?ref=ts&fref=ts

I think the Balt County laws are ridic. I am zoned RC-3 which MEANS conservation and ag, but I don't have an acre of land...so I cannot have fowl. I have to apply for a variance. Interesting to know your outcome...

Meetings are starting, if you aren't already aware please check out the facebook pages and add in your effort!

9. bmorechickie

bmorechickie New Egg

May 21, 2013
    Hi,

I'm a newbie too! I'm moving to bmore county in a few months from the city and am totally taken aback by the laws in the county. I was raised in Lancaster county where it is second nature to raise your own food. I've seen some FB posts about contacting council people. I do have a connection to councilmen Huff but am interested in knowing more about efforts to gain at least 4 members support.

You can email me at [email protected] to discuss.

Ali

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by