time to cull, but I need some support.

I've been forced to put down several, always wanting to be "removed" from the process and not all that quick or pleasant for the bird. Personally, I've decided on my next one (been putting this off for sometime now) I'm going to hold it in my lap like always, gently let it get used to my hand on it's head, and when it's relaxed, snap it's neck back and away quickly. The last thing it will remember is me cuddling it. This is the worst for me because of so much hands on.

everything on this post is positive and wonderful. the many perspectives offered are SO important. ladyride, I want to make clear: the only rude people that have offered their perspective said this:

do a search (which I stated, I DID)
and wring it's g d neck, which is a horrible thing to say to someone who cares emotionally about their physically held down pet.

byc is such an important place. we have each other in times of need and in times of down time spent studying, and I am a better chicken keeper for it.

I really appreciate all of the kind hearted folk that keep these threads going.

ps, Red died by way of the neck break. I told my bf to use the two nails and hatchet method but he decided on the other way. Thankfully she went in one effort and he knew to keep her calm and loving for the last minutes of her life.

< / 3

Back
Top Bottom