Tiny bumps on rooster head

Franky619

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2022
Hi guys!
Long story short, my neighbors rooster got stolen and eventually she got it back. Unfortunately his wattle got removed (unsure how) but he seems to be doing fine. One detail that we noticed was these tiny bumps(pimples)on his head, they took the rooster to the vet but they don't got a clue, wondering if anyone else has seen this before.

Ps. There gonna take him to another vet to check on him out.

Many thanks y'all!

Attachments

• IMG20231123175239.jpg
    IMG20231123175239.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG20231123175234.jpg
    IMG20231123175234.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20231123175231.jpg
    IMG20231123175231.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 25
How long was the rooster gone after being stolen? It appears the thief has dubbed (surgically removed) his comb and wattles. The comb is likely still healing from this.

Where are you located? In some locales, roosters are dubbed in this way to prepare them for cock fighting, which is illegal in the US.

How long was the rooster gone after being stolen? It appears the thief has dubbed (surgically removed) his comb and wattles. The comb is likely still healing from this.

Where are you located? In some locales, roosters are dubbed in this way to prepare them for cock fighting, which is illegal in the US.
That’s interesting- I’ve never heard of that before 😯

That's terrible! I wish I had some advice for you and your neighbor; however, I've never seen this before. I am glad he's back home and is healing up. Poor buddy!! What the heck?!

Hey thanks for reaching out.
Yeah well we are located in Mexico and this is illegal as well. He was missing for like half a month, we kinda know who was it cause this person does have fighting roosters so your comment makes sense. Did you noticed those little pimples around his neck, is that because it's healing or something, wyd think?
Btw it's a kikiriki errr pocket rooster.

I suspected as much. I hope you were firm with this guy that your rooster does not constitute community property. I can't see his neck to see what damage that guy did to your cute little roo, but he may have had a collar and had him tethered to a stake in his yard. So what you see may be skin irritation from that. You can use coconut oil on both his comb and under where his wattles were and also on his neck to help him heal. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and is a great healing salve. It's also safe if other chickens nibble at his neck where you put the oil.

I suspected as much. I hope you were firm with this guy that your rooster does not constitute community property. I can't see his neck to see what damage that guy did to your cute little roo, but he may have had a collar and had him tethered to a stake in his yard. So what you see may be skin irritation from that. You can use coconut oil on both his comb and under where his wattles were and also on his neck to help him heal. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and is a great healing salve. It's also safe if other chickens nibble at his neck where you put the oil.
Good looking out!

Back
Top Bottom