Tips/Tricks cleaning styro bator

ro.netcmarie

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
travelers rest, sc
need to clean my strofoam bator after my first hatch. it really stinks in there!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
need to know how to clean it without damaging it. help please. thanks for any inputs.

I take the bottom, the wire and the plastic liner, set them in the bathtub in a hot water bath of weak bleach ( 2 capfuls & dawn dish liquid) to soak for an hour, rinse well and set out in the sun to day all day. The top with the fan & heating elements I just wipe down with a damp cloth in the same solution and dry, set in the sun to air dry.

I use the bleach type cleaners sold in stores and wash it out in the bathtub. If it is really bad I go to the backyard and use the same stuff and wash it out with the hose on low. I then air day it for several days. Hope this helps.

I do have another question though . . .

Since my new liner for my LG hatcher has not arrived yet and I have more eggs to go in the hatcher tomorrow, can I put a paper towel under the wire rack to keep the bottom of the hatcher clean?

Will the paper towel stop the air flow?

Maybe I should use those 'mesh type' shelf liners instead of the paper towel ?

I used shelf liner in the bottom of mine. I picked it up and just threw it away. Cleaning wasn't too hard. I washed it out immediately after everyone was hatched and dried. I hoped by doing this that the smell wouldn't soak in too much. I brought it outside to let it air out, and dry. I'm not sure if I should do the bleach thing now or later when I use it again?

Back
Top Bottom