Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

36 auction I haven’t done yet. So she sent exactly 36? I’m surprised she didn’t send extras.

I purchased 3 of the 15s and 1 of the 30s. With one of the 15s she sent 30 :D the others were 18 and 24. Either way, all had some clears and quitters, part of the hatching shipped eggs game. Sucks sometimes though! Especially when the eggs you really want to hatch quit a day before hatch day.
Yes, she sent exactly 36. I had 4 auctions earlier this year (different vendors) that also sent exactly the auctioned number of eggs. I thought it was unusual, too. The only extras I have received were eggs from a fellow BYCer.

Yes, she sent exactly 36. I had 4 auctions earlier this year (different vendors) that also sent exactly the auctioned number of eggs. I thought it was unusual, too. The only extras I have received were eggs from a fellow BYCer.

Maybe, and this is just a guess, that’s it was because of it being an actual auction? The others, like the 6s, 15s and 30s are the buy now option.

Oh well! Good luck on your hatch :) now UTHobbyFarmer’s February hatch and all of mine are related to yours lol I’ve been curious what their siblings ended up looking like.

@UThobbyfarmer pictures of yours?

Maybe, and this is just a guess, that’s it was because of it being an actual auction? The others, like the 6s, 15s and 30s are the buy now option.

Oh well! Good luck on your hatch :) now UTHobbyFarmer’s February hatch and all of mine are related to yours lol I’ve been curious what their siblings ended up looking like.

Thanks! And good luck to you!
Lol. We're all too far apart for play dates. :D
I look forward to your pics! I looked up what the chicks will look like and I can hardly wait for them to hatch!

Here's a few pics from before I did my last culling. There's 4 crossbreds in with them but the rest are from Foxfire. My current numbers from this morning are 11 grow outs including 4 mixed breeds.

I was going to do a post about the Isbar chicks. I think I might have hatched all roos! Do you have pic of any pullet Isbar?

IMG_20200324_103418680.jpg IMG_20200324_103423516.jpg IMG_20200321_092932662.jpg IMG_20200321_092850364.jpg

Buttersworth, pullet 14 weeksish maybe 15
View attachment 2066677

Romper pullet 12 weeksish, maybe 13
View attachment 2066681

My daughter and her have a thing.
View attachment 2066685

Pretty blue boy Boon. He was the one killed by a hawk last week :(
View attachment 2066687
Thank you SO much for sharing these. I can't thank you enough. That's heartbreaking about Boon. He was stunning! All your birds look incredibly healthy and well loved. You're an excellent chicken keeper!

I'm actually feeling a bit better about my grow outs after seeing your pics. I'll grab some pics from today and tag you. 1/3 is 100% rooster. The other 2's combs are small but seem awfully red for 6.5 weeks old. Maybe I have a trio after all? :idunno

Back
Top Bottom