Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
Keep us updated on how that goes. Sorry to hear about the possible fail on the marans.
Here you go. A small amount of residual vascularisation on the membrane, but no discernible embryonic tissue. Must have quit on or before D3.

Attachments

• IMG_20200221_201138.jpg
    IMG_20200221_201138.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200221_201235.jpg
    IMG_20200221_201235.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200221_201342.jpg
    IMG_20200221_201342.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 7
Keep us updated on how that goes. Sorry to hear about the possible fail on the marans.
Thanks. The marans are my white whale. All the ones I hatched last year were male. The year before that, there was one female, and she died of congenital heart failure around 12 weeks. I don't know why I can't seem to make them happen!!

Thanks. The marans are my white whale. All the ones I hatched last year were male. The year before that, there was one female, and she died of congenital heart failure around 12 weeks. I don't know why I can't seem to make them happen!!
I have had the same jinx with BCM eggs. Males or duds.

I'm looking for a hatch-a-long to join. I'm gonna start the eggs tomorrow. Is this a good hatch-a-long or is there another one out there that is just starting?

Welcome! This hatch-a-long was started early but we haven't even made it to March yet so you're definitely in the right hatch-a-long!

I have had the same jinx with BCM eggs. Males or duds.
Welcome! This hatch-a-long was started early but we haven't even made it to March yet so you're definitely in the right hatch-a-long!
Thanks! (BTW, you have no idea what you just signed up for:lau)

I also started a hatch along thread at
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...around-st-patricks-day.1349145/#post-22218012I just started a batch yesterday.
Guess I'll be part of two hatch-a-longs!

Ok, I have my first question all ready. How do I clean my incubator? I just finished my first hatch a week ago, so this will be my seconed. It is a styrofoam Hova bator. I got all the eggshells and big stuff all cleaned up but I'm wondering if I need to do more. The eggs from both hatches had/will be from mine and my neighbor's backyards.

Back
Top Bottom