Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Cookie update... she's huge.
20200331_085656.jpg

Lol too funny, yet not, about the eggs. My bf about had a heart attack when we first got chickens and learned how long it would be before they started laying. Now, he won’t let me sell anything that might possibly lay an egg lol.

If you count what is living in our basement, I’m pretty close to you in numbers too.

You’ll love the Barnevelders. Their Lacing is beautiful, they don’t spook easily, and they get friendlier as they get older.

Just finally catching up on msgs. No one told me that emu are exhausting!

Lol too funny, yet not, about the eggs. My bf about had a heart attack when we first got chickens and learned how long it would be before they started laying. Now, he won’t let me sell anything that might possibly lay an egg lol.

If you count what is living in our basement, I’m pretty close to you in numbers too.

You’ll love the Barnevelders. Their Lacing is beautiful, they don’t spook easily, and they get friendlier as they get older.

Just finally catching up on msgs. No one told me that emu are exhausting!

Funny you posted this when you did... was just doing some reading about the buggers. So looking forward to some giant dinosaur birds!

Pictures? Videos?

I have some major things to figure out for their housing. They can stay inside with me for a couple weeks, but outdoors they must go soon after. But with so many young chickens in the works, may have to build an emu house.

What are your plans housing them wise?

Funny you posted this when you did... was just doing some reading about the buggers. So looking forward to some giant dinosaur birds!

Pictures? Videos?

I have some major things to figure out for their housing. They can stay inside with me for a couple weeks, but outdoors they must go soon after. But with so many young chickens in the works, may have to build an emu house.

What are your plans housing them wise?
I will post some in the morning. They have exhausted me today. Housing... basement after this week. Then outside in a month or two? If I can stand them inside that long? lol I have a coop that I’ll use to start. We’re building goat housing to start, emus are next.

Broody babies update:

I was able to sneak a picture in the coop today. They are in a crate with mama so everyone can get used to each other. I will probably leave the door open to the crate in a couple weeks when the chicks are bigger.

I think Milagro is a wyandotte mix, and the blue one is frizzle 💙. Hard to tell in the picture, but the feathers are definitely a bit curly. I'm not sure who the parents are for the yellow fluff, but it came from a brown egg which rules out my leghorn as mom.
20200401_103203.jpg

Broody babies update:

I was able to sneak a picture in the coop today. They are in a crate with mama so everyone can get used to each other. I will probably leave the door open to the crate in a couple weeks when the chicks are bigger.

I think Milagro is a wyandotte mix, and the blue one is frizzle 💙. Hard to tell in the picture, but the feathers are definitely a bit curly. I'm not sure who the parents are for the yellow fluff, but it came from a brown egg which rules out my leghorn as mom.
View attachment 2070910

They're going to be beautiful!!! Your little yellow chick looks like the Olive Egger under my broody actually!

Back
Top Bottom