To all the Mycloplasma Galliseptium experts...

Reawsphant01

Songster
May 14, 2020
Amersham, London, United Kingdom
Hello again guys,

First of all I want to thank you all soo much for everything because you always help me whenever I need help.

So basically it all started when one of my incubated chickens (thats grown up) had a really swollen eye and after researching and asking you guys, I came to the conclusion that she had MG, so I looked at all my flock and realised there were alot of my chickens that the virus, (symptoms of patchy eye) So in the end, I got rid of 8 of my chickens. And I also had a chicken, that was sneezing but I never took notice of it which I'll come back to later. So, I thought I had finished from the virus so I got myself a rooster (because we didnt have one). But after about a week or two, I noticed that his eye was swelling up and I also noticed that flock's eggs had reduced so much. I used to be around 8 or 9 and now it was 2 or 3. Now, I found out that sneezing is also a symptom of MG, so I was really worried and kept the chicks all to one side, away from the flock. So I realised that all the chickens were sneezing or had a blocked nose. Now all I see as symptoms is sneezing, nasal discharge and I think that's it. I sat with them the whole day to check. And not all of them are sneezing. So, is this MG or another disease? I think I have quite an experience with MG, and I feel as if its not MG. So please, could you answer me. You have read this far so.. you may aswell. 😂

MG isnt a virus, it's an infectious bacterial disease. Symptoms vary depending if it's a mild or severe strain. Bloodwork can determine if it's MG or not. Have a lab draw blood from your sickest bird to determine what disease you're dealing with. You must maintain a closed flock. No new birds in, no birds out. No selling or giving away eggs to be hatched. MG can be passed through eggs.
Your other option is to cull a diseased flock, sanitize everything and wait a period of time before repopulating. MG only lasts in the environment for 3 days. You can repopulate in as little as a couple weeks IF in fact it's MG.

sorry to hear it. only the vet can tell you what the problem is. the symptoms are common for a few diseases, like MG, IB, etc. I hope someone with more experience will chime in.

good luck.

The thing is that I have a beautiful young Ayam Cemani rooster, still not mature and he has the symptoms. I had a dream to raise a Ayam Cemani rooster and for him to be the greatest. I dont want to lose him. I wrote a post about him here actually

you should treat your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom