To the person who dumped 40 pekins on the side of the road..

MysticalMom, I'm so happy to know that they're good.. Giggling about the happenings, of course. I'm pretty sure mine are at the stage.. The boys don't know what to do with themselves! They look at me like, "Mom.. These girls want me to do things.. Things I dunno how to do!"

Haha, anyways, I haven't been around lately, but some stuff has happened. We had a MAJOR heat wave in MD and I had to bring out bags of ice to put in the goose/duck pools, which pretty much melted instantly. The ducks are now forced to live exclusively in the chicken coop/run because I'm paranoid about foxes, but their new pen is in the works, and of course they get supervised stream time. They're bunking with the urchins (my 4 black/blue cayuga/swedish ducks) and three young geese that I put in there, along with the chickens. They've all been pretty civil to each other, and I believe that the geese are taking ownership of the duck flock.

They had big fun the other day because someone (what?! not me! it was the gremlin!) left the hose on to fill their pool for four hours.. Soo.. I went out and the ducks were enjoying their new pond while two of the chickens stood on a little dog house that was in there. At least the ducks and the geese were happy though. They believe that's all that matters.

Princess Puddles is a perfect angel at the store and a wild woman in the coop. I've got some great pictures of her.. Somehow, she's always the one that's covered in mud, quacking at me like nothing's wrong.
lol.png
I love that duck.

Thanks everyone who posted! I'm duck crazy now.. Still checking "the spot" every day to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

Funny you should say that about the hose. I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. And my house is OLD and on an old well pump. The ducks had a BLAST tearing up the yard, but I was lucky didn't burn up the pump. Like you said... they were very happy and they think thats all that matters.

I posted a thread with a video this evening of them running to me for treats. It's titled Treat Time. You can see the crazy girls ( and boy) and some more of the flock in action.
big_smile.png

And I'd LOVE to see more pics of your favorite girl!!

Back
Top Bottom