Today has not been my day- wedding, aunt, cancer and NOW car wreak!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by urban dreamer, Sep 29, 2010.

1. urban dreamer

urban dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Sherwood, AR
    [​IMG] <--- Pretty much sums it up.

So today I continued planning my wedding. I have 11 days left and I am getting a worn thin and stressed. I am so glad I only have to do this once! Then I found out today that my evil sister-in-law-to-be is pregnate. I'm gonna be an aunt. Great (not really). NOW I just got a call that my future grandmother-in-law has stage IV breast cancer that has spread to her brain. Really? All of this in one day! I am beyond overwhelmed. I don't know what stage IV cancer is but any cancer can not be good. I really love my GIL, she gets so tickled when I tell her about my chickens. The only time I get along with SIL is when she is far away from me. Now she's gonna be here all the time. [​IMG] I have to rant alittle. Today has not been my day or anyone elses.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I'm sorry about your bad day [​IMG]

3. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    stage 4 cancer= not good. my dad was a 3b until they found it in his leg.. and then it was a 4.. and then... it wasn't long for him.. but i don't know anything else about cancer.. but sorry about your rough day.

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So sorry to hear of your troubles.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I`m sorry you are having a tough time [​IMG] why is your SIL in law going to be around more now that she is pregnant?

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    There's only 4 stages in cancer... number 1 being the least worrisome. Both my son and my foster daughter had 4th stage cancer. Son is in remission for 4 and a half years now and foster daughter is still in chemo about ready for a bone marrow transplant.

4th stage isn't always fatal.. keep that in mind.

8. urban dreamer

urban dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Sherwood, AR
    Thanks Boyd. I will remember that.

ChickieBooBoo, because everyone else wants to see her.

Oh and on the subject of SIL, she just got into a car wreak not 10 minutes ago. I don't have any details yet except that today offically sucks.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] to UD

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:This is true, however, it depends on the type of cancer. Bile duct cancer at stage 3 is a death sentence. Please do not ask how I know. I can't do it tonight. See other threads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by