TODAY WAS THE DAY Update PG 10!!

Practice a mock interveiw with someone. I always do this with my kids. I play the Boss. After you role play a few times, the answers that you have in your head like the what are your weaknesses one, will come easily. It won't appear that you are hunting for words.

Also, don't over talk. Answer just what they are asking. Don't start rambling. I tend to do this when I am nervouse. By not over talking you will appear calm, well thought out and you won't accidently say something that would be taken the wrong way by the potential boss.

Praying for a great interview and that you will have peace during the process.

One more thing, the thank you note is a great idea. I know someone that was hired soley becasue she followed up with a thank you note. Otherwise she and another candidtate were on a level playing field. The note made her stand out.
big_smile.png

Good luck Mark - you'll do fine. There's alot of very VERY good advice on here. My DD works for Petsmart and was hired for this same position, but they started her as a cashier and that's where she's been ever since. You'll need to be prepared for the possibility that this could happen. They will probably ask you if you would be open to working in different departments if this position wasn't available. Say yes and get your foot in the door.

The best advice I read is to dress appropriately - nice pants, nice shoes, and button-down dress shirt. Absolutely no jeans or t-shirts.

Go prepared - a master application is a great idea because your mind will go blank.

Be optimistic, be positive, be your usual friendly self, and it's ok to let them know you are a little nervous - that's normal. Once you start talking, you'll calm down and they'll ask questions to get your mind off the fact that you're interviewing (such as your hobbies). Although I know you can, try not to ramble on too much about your animals. OK to give some info but don't dwell.

Do shake hands and be polite. Maintain eye contact, and just be as professional as you can. You'll be just fine and good luck!!!

Thanks you all i am still writing all this stuff down and doing my research
smile.png

you all are giving me the best advice ever!
hugs.gif

i just came across this as well... a person who did interviews at Petsmart in the past and he said he asked them questions like

"Tell me about yourself" << i have a VERY hard time answering that.

Do you have retail experience <<< not really

Do you have pet experience?" yes
smile.png

but i don't know how to answers those questions in the right way .. i know they are very easy questions to answer i am just always late for the bus you could say Lol

and if i get asked why do i want to work at Petsmart can i say this???? i want to work with animals for the welfare of animals and to please their owners at the same time

Quote:
No - say: I love working with and being around animals, and I also enjoy meeting other people who share my passion for them. (and this is where you need to sell yourself and sum everything up briefly) Although I don't have any retail experience, I am eager to learn and very willing to please. I'm a hard worker and will accomplish any task given to me, and I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to prove myself to you.

Or something to that effect in your own words. Above all, make it sound natural and professional.

Quote:
No - say: I love working with and being around animals, and I also enjoy meeting other people who share my passion for them. (and this is where you need to sell yourself and sum everything up briefly) Although I don't have any retail experience, I am eager to learn and very willing to please. I'm a hard worker and will accomplish any task given to me, and I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to prove myself to you.

Or something to that effect in your own words. Above all, make it sound natural and professional.

i need to hug you
hugs.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs.gif
!!!

I've interviewed alot of people. I also have DD who is almost 20 so we got through this alot LOL. Good luck Mark - you'll do just fine, I know you will!!!

Quote:
Hey
smile.png

it's not until this Friday ... that's why i started this thread now so i can have everyone help me to study for it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom